cabelas bass

G
geiger75
anyone know of any of the prize bass caught out hagg? my buddy caught one the first day. got real lucky it was chasing trout on his stringer and he threw a worm at it and got lucky. i have heard of others being seen but none caught. please update me.

Reactions: bigsteel
C
chris61182
I might be brave enough to say I've seen a few, but I'm not saying where...
cabelas_bass.JPG

G
geiger75
oh i totally respect that. just wondering if any have been caught?

C
chris61182
Besides your buddy's, which is the one I'm assuming has the photo at the store, I've only heard 3rd hand that there has been a second one caught. There could very well be more and the anglers are just being zipper lipped in hopes of getting into the remaining fish.

G
geiger75
ya that would be him, he thinks he is a pro now. i think your on the right track, i have been thinking the same.

C
chris61182
What did his prize end up being?

G
geiger75
he wont know until it is all done.

C
chris61182
I guess that makes sense, they don't want the million dollar fish being caught first thing and then have everyone give up. Well best of luck to your friend, hope his fish is the big one!

A
Assassinofflys
From what I've been reading on the Cabela's website, there are 3 fish in Oregon that have been caught. Chris G. has a the first in state fish that is worth over $900. The other 2 fish caught, which could be trout out of Detroit lake, are each $200 to $300 fish. Cabela's has started listing the entries and whats been caught. Also it says on the website that the $10,000 Cabela's Shopping Spree is "pending verification" Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: bigsteel
C
chris61182
I'm seeing two more catches for Oregon, good work Jon C. and Don C., both from Hagg Lake!

One of them probably got the bass I posted the picture of above, I haven't seen it for a while now.

G
geiger75
i see there are 4 more out of detroit lake

C
Callaway
i think i remember reading on the cabelas site that if it IS one of the million dollar tags then the number should start with one ??? dont know if that holds any truth to it or if they put that out there to stir it up a little more but if i caught one of those bass and the tag started with a one id probably start freaking out, then again if i caught one of those bass with any tag , id probably start freaking out hahaha

M
Modest_Man
"The Grand Prize and any Bonus Prizes will only be awarded if the Winning Number is one of the first three (3) tagged fish presented, subject to verification of eligibility"

The following conditions must be met in order to be considered for the Grand Prize:

If a registered participant catches the fish tagged with the Grand Prize Winning Number and the fish is the first 1 Series Tag tagged fish caught and presented, he/she will be eligible to win $100,000 cash.
If a registered participant catches the fish tagged with the Grand Prize Winning Number and the fish is the second 1 Series Tag tagged fish caught and presented, he/she will be eligible to win $100,000 cash.
If a registered participant catches the fish tagged with the Grand Prize Winning Number and the fish is the third 1 Series Tag tagged fish caught and presented, he/she will be eligible to win $1,000,000 payable in the form of an annuity paid out as $20,000 per year for 50 years.

"Prior to the start of the Fishing Period, representatives of SCA will prepare one-thousand sixty (1,060) tags with unique numbers. Sixty (60) tags will be printed with a number that begins with "1" (the "1 Series Tags") and one thousand (1000) tags will be printed with a number that begins with "2" (the "2 Series Tags") SCA will then randomly pre-select one (1) of the 1 Series Tags as the Grand Prize Winning Number"

So if more than three series one fish get caught before the grand prize fish there is no grand prize. And the million bucks only comes if the grand prize fish is the third fish caught?

Way to pretty much guarantee no big payout Cabelas...

If you had a 100% chance to catch one of the series one fish you have a 5% chance of a grand prize. And just under a 2% chance of the million bucks. That's if you're GUARANTEED one of the 60 series one fish.

A big reason why I don't gamble. House always wins.

Last edited:
B
Born2Fish55
Yep... house rules, so the house wins!

S
Subacca
And after all those odds, even if you do win the million dollars, it will only be 20k a year, not a big payout, and what .. 35%-40% of that goes to taxes? Okay, so I'll take it definitly a nice raise to keep you afloat until you retire someday :) but not quite the same thrill of taking home a million dollar check.

D
davidlee
From the Cabela's list it looks like 3 Hagg fish and 8 Detroit fish have been caught. Should leave about 10-12 at Hagg and 7 or so at Detroit.