Buoy 10 heating up

Irishrover
Irishrover
Had a good morning to day 3 chinook in the baot using anchovies and herring. Down about 33 pulls. Nice fish. Taking tomorrow off to sleep in. A lot of folks fishing the Washington side not to crowded on the Oregon side yet.

Last edited:
C_Run
C_Run
We have a family trip booked with Marvin later this month and I can't wait. Keep us posted on the catches. It sounds like a good start.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Sure thing. This years start has been good and I hope it continues. I saw Marvins boat a few days ago being pulled through Astoria. You should be bringing fish home when you go.

A
alm21
It sure is heating up. Nooks are being bonked and the coho fishing can be ridiculous. We took my friend's boat out for its inaugural tuna trip on Saturday. My first time tuna fishing and we did alright. Coming in, we picked up our coho limit. So, are you using lead or divers and if lead, how much?

Irishrover
Irishrover
No lead just using deep six divers. Fishing in 45 to 50 of water out 33 plus so about 66 feet of line. The fish have been the rouge river stock with a few UBR mingled in. Have not hooked a tule yet. I'll be back out fishing on Thursday. I'll use10 to 16 oz of lead if I'm fishing 25 to 35 feet of water on the Washington side.

M
montym
This one made my day, I have a day trip booked on 16th Aug there and really want to get into my first Salmon. Going with Mike K, never fished for Salmon or from a boat so no clue really but hoping for a blast.

How big are the fish that you guys got? Hatchery or wild?

Cheers
M

Irishrover
Irishrover
Hatchery fish so far. Running 12 to 25 lbs. mostly rouge stock.