Bunch of cars on the upper Wilson today

C
cddunn
I was hoping to see a report or two from Team OFF. So, i got up late, headed over the hill and stopped a half mile or so above Jones Creek. Using a bobber and roe, had a bobber down that I missed. But that was definetly a bobber down! Tried a few more times, then banked and bonked a 27" hatchery buck. Tried a few more times and hooked up with a pretty lively Coho. I let that one go. Vacuum packing by noon and went for a motorcycle ride in lieu of trying for steelhead #2. There were lots of cars/trucks parked along the spots I usually hit. Today I thought I'd stop at some places, I'd liked, but hadn't tried yet in the past. It turns out i only had to park once today, and the truck was probably the closest to the river it's ever been. It's going to be hard to top that tomorrow!

• Steelhead Jan12_2012 008.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 131
H
halibuthitman
Love a wilson river trip with a happy ending.. nice fish-

H
hunt-fish-trap
i dream of hitting the wilson one day

W
waco
Nice fish!! I love that river!! it knows how to treat right!!

Raincatcher
Nothing like a nice, leisurely stroll to a waiting fish so you can get home early and enjoy the rest of the day. Very nice!

J
jabs67
Nice report. My boys and i are hitting the wilson tomorrow for the first time. Wish us luck!!

G
GDBrown
Good luck! I may head over there in a while to see if I can change my luck and bank something larger than a 14" cut. I'm also taking the camera today in search of the beauty that only nature provides.

B
BobbiDollPDX
Nice fish!

So, how was the ride?

C
cddunn
Nice fish!

So, how was the ride?

Great! Sunny and Dry out. 70mph at 34 deg is about 15 on the wind chill factor though.
I wish i'd have bought a lottery ticket yesterday.

A
aka trouble
i went yesterday and went o for three ...light line challenge i didn't win this time...

C
cddunn
i went yesterday and went o for three ...light line challenge i didn't win this time...

That beats the heck out of my skunkfest yesterday.