Braided Line Question

N
ninja2010
fyshslayer said:
I use braid a lot mainly for Sturgeon, Halibut & Salmon,when it first came out I tried to use it for fishing up river for Salmon & Steelhead my experience has been that it is very strong but it cuts off on rocks very easy. I was float fishing
on the Alsea near 5 Rivers and got hung up on some bedrock and the 65lb Tuff cut like butter and I lost everything bobber and all. So I use mono for steelhead & Salmon when fishing upriver,although I plan on trying the new Hydrofloat line by P-Line for float fishing...Good Luck

braid will more readily cut on sharp objects due to its small diameter. conversely mono may "survive" the same sharp object but your line would be weakened from knicks, so if you hook up or somehow put more stress on the line, it too will snap on you.

F
FishSchooler
ninja2010 said:
braid will more readily cut on sharp objects due to its small diameter. conversely mono may "survive" the same sharp object but your line would be weakened from knicks, so if you hook up or somehow put more stress on the line, it too will snap on you.

Its better to lose a line on a rock than it is on a fish. :cool: Right?

N
ninja2010
that's for sure. besides, who doesn't lose tackle in the fish hunt?