BOUNTY-ful fish

D
DDR
Thanks fishwomen. Ummm, where's Brighton Beach? Is it the one over by the airport?

And do you fish right along side the boat launch?

fishwomen said:
Brighton Beach...and the registration station (M. JAMES GLEASON BOAT RAMP) is right next to the beach, open 11am till 7pm.

Right on Marine Dr.

C
chris61182
And another aspect to consider on the bass fishing is that by removing the large number of medium sized fish there's a greater/better carrying capacity for the larger fish as well.

D
DDR
Sounds like a good place to go fishing.

One more question about these Pikeminnow. What's the ideal weather conditions for getting them to bite?

B
bowzer1972
DDR said:
Sounds like a good place to go fishing.

One more question about these Pikeminnow. What's the ideal weather conditions for getting them to bite?

I went to the Brighton Beach location yesterday to check it out. Talked to the guy at the station, he said that the water's still a little too cold for the best fishing for the pikeminnow.

B
bowzer1972
fishwomen said:
Yeah it is by the airport, the one with the huge boat ramp and parking area. I saw people fish on the right side of the dock. I haven't tried there, but I just fish along the beach. If you want to catch just pike, don't cast too far, or else you'll hook a sucker or carp.

And how do you do? What sort of numbers do you get on a good day fishing for these baddies?

C

B
bowzer1972
fishwomen said:

It's just nice knowing if you wanted to fish for pike and register, it's right next to each other than have to drive somewhere else to turn in your fish...

Exactly. I'm looking for a place I could take my kids to fish with me, that isn't dangerous (rocky), or too far away. This sounds good to me.

C

B
Boywhofishes
the next time i make it up there i'll remember this spot, thanks for the info on it! :cool:

D
DDR
Thanks again! But do you fish when it's clear or raining? Maybe I should just figure it out for myself. I'll fish for anything. If I happen to get a few Pikeminnow along the way, great! So, you are fishing on the up-current side of the barrier for the boat launch?

F
fishwomen
DDR said:
Thanks again! But do you fish when it's clear or raining? Maybe I should just figure it out for myself. I'll fish for anything. If I happen to get a few Pikeminnow along the way, great! So, you are fishing on the up-current side of the barrier for the boat launch?

Yeah I fish on the current side...I've seen people catch them on a nice sunny warm day, and that day my nephew caught one, it was sunny and turned cloudy! So it's based on the time you go...but it's very relaxing just being out there...

But next time I'll try the other side...and fish on the parking lot...haha...

B
Boywhofishes
that's some great info! thanks for finding that!:D:D

T
tekman
hey

hey

where is the spot you caught 20 from the bank?

any good spots to fish for these? thanks,:cool:

D
DDR
I haven't had any luck yet. What's the best technique? Live bait (what kind)? Fake bait (soft plastics)? Lures? Fishing on the bottom or casting out and cranking in?

T
tekman
hello

hello

A while back I would fish from gilbert river off Sauvie Island. However these can't count towards the bounty since they are not off the Columbia river.

I used worms and fished from the bottom and have caught pike minnows this way. Mostly you catch catfish from the gilbert river.

I know bobs sporting goods in Long view Washington had a class on catching pike minnows.

If anyone fishes for pike minnow in a boat or know good spots let me know.

If you have a boat I would split the expenses if you fish these full time.

F
FishSchooler
Try plunking with worms, except dont let the weight come off! just take 2 short leaders and tie them to the main line and use worms, catch many pikeminnows you will with force at hand yours.

T
Troutier Bassier
PIKEMINNOWS are easy to catch. I make 7-8k each season off them. simple stuff. very profitable.

D
DDR
Ok gentlemen, yous and me has gotsa git together and do some pikeminnering. I could use some extra money.

T
Troutier Bassier
I will give you guys SOME hints to my succese.

1. Find the bait. look for birds or herons on the water they lok for minnows so if there is minnows there is pikeminnows.

2. Fish for Walleye With Steelhead Equipment and You will CatCh Pikeminnow. They are like walleye and they need steelhead equipment to fish for them.

3. Find waremer water. in the spring time when the water is still warming up boat close to shore where the water temp is 56 degress or warmer then the water around it.

4. when the bite stops, Go hoem.There is no point in fishing when the fish arent bitting. Go HOME come back another day.

5. scent. when ordinary bait dosent work use scents. on your bait. like. coon shrimp...(not saying it works but) if they dont bite it alone put some shrimp scent on it to enhance the bait.

6. Only switch to lures if bait dosent work. pikeminnow would Much rather hit a bait then a lre. but when they are full or not wanting to eat. use a lure to get a reaction strike.

A
Anyfishisfine
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Can you elaborate a bit what you mean by stealhead equipment? Does that mean you rig the same?

T
Troutier Bassier
A plunking rig is fine.

B
beaverfan
buddy of mine has been nailing them with single salmon eggs on the bottom with just enough split shot to hold it there. Told him that he can get paid to catch them starting in may. Now he's ready to make some money too.