Bobber n jig?

S
simijab
Do you always use a slip bobber for this set up and what weight jig is good to use. Also what should the distance between the bobber and the jig be

D
DYJ
Use a slip bobber. The distance between the bobber and jig is determined by the water you are fishing. You want the jig to be in the bottom foot of water. Jig weight will also be determined by the water you are fishing. It's important to have your weight and bobber matched up

18406ej
18406ej
Here is something I have wondered about: Sometimes when bobber fishing I might have a few feet of line/leader out in order to reach bottom. Could this be seen as a "snagging" set-up, or does the fact that one has a slip bobber in place mitigate legal requirements?

I have flirted my way out of traffic tickets before but I don't know if the fish and game fellows would be as taken with my seductive eye-lash fluttering...

R
Rock10
I doubt you would, since it's such a common method?

S
simijab
What about color of the jigs any one better than others. And are foam or bubble bonnets better

S
simijab
Bobbers not bonnets

Y
Yogidabear
# 63 areojig and 126 have worked for me. I use the drennen floats only place I can find them is at oregon rod reel and tackle in eugene the beaumac foam floats work good too.

S
simijab
Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming. Trying to get as much knowledge under my belt before im there in march

D
DonF
I use a slip bobber and jig for crappie. When ussing it I generally set the jig anout 3-4 feet down and fish shallower water. If I'm fishing deeper water they are usuall suspended 7 to 10 feet down and I jig for them. On the bottom, catfish, I use a Carolina rig.