Bobber and jig this season! :)

T

Troutier Bassier

I went out fishing today for the first time in a long while!!! left home at 4am,,then headed straight for the crick! went right up to the hatchery and walked down to my favorite few holes, after a few hours of casting, a tie on a cork bobber with a peach AeroJig and cast to a current seam, it was drifting Really slowly and i wasn't paying much attention, then i felt my rod take a big DIP downwards! instantly I set the hook on my Lamiglas XMG50 and I knew it was a fish, i just couldnt belive it though. I wasn't wearing waders just rubber boots that were up to almost my knees, so this fish wasn't that fiesty, so it fought a little, took some line but stayed close by. maybe 40 feet. I get it to a sandy shallow patch of water and see NO FIN!! :D I grab its tail to confirm and rip its gills as soon as I took out the hook. NICE ONE! Chrome!! :) MY FIRST HATCHERY WINTER STEELHEAD!!
Heres the bad part, as I took the steelhead I took a big stick to bonk it, my hands were numb from being in cold water, i hit the steelhead HARD!!!... and aslo hit my index finger! :( :( wow.. Now my finger nail is pure purple and swollen like a sausage.
It was worth it!!! anything for this beauty. :):cool: steel.jpg

brandon4455

brandon4455

nice fish george thats a beast! and pput a shirt on your making it hot in here bro LOL. and if your fingernail is purple the nail ewill proably fall off and grow back yikes!

M

mgdguy

Nice and congrats on the first keeper winter steelhead!!

You'd be warmer if you wore clothes though :p

T

tnffishman

that's how ya do it... good way to start the season, best regards for ur finger btw

troutdude

troutdude

Hope your finger heals up quickly. At least you something to show for your trouble.

Oregon sun bathing in November...that's a new one! LOL

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice catch! kinda wierd to me how a fresh winter picks up color so quick when our fresh summer that travel 3 times the distance are bright er than that. Again nice fish man. I bet it was fun to catch something on that new rod.

W

waco

nice fish but i dont know if you cought that fish because you are good or because your sexy lamiglass LOL

K

Kais

great fish, bet it fought hard. What river

H

halibuthitman

ok, the fish story was fine.... but explain the wolverine thats attacking your head.... and as far as soviet russia.... one name Ronald the Reagan Bro.... you lost

T

Troutier Bassier

classic hat, i had the CCCP badge thing in the front but i took it out for the photo...

Top Bottom