Big early bass

S
sfletcher
went three times this year 7 fish total with one pig!!! guesses on weight scale was in the other boat>>> i know idiot!!!!:mad:

T
tomriker
5.3lbs

T
Tacomasteelheader
Im gunna say that the big ones more than 5.3 more like 7-8 pounds. Ive seen them look smaller than that in magazines and "weigh" 10+ pounds. And its not that early for bass they been awake for three months. Just sayin. Nice bass not every year you catch them that big good job

S
sfletcher
thats what i was thinkin. caught a 6.3 last year this one was significantly bigger. i do agree its not that early, first ones i caught was over a month ago. heres the 6.3

T
Tacomasteelheader
yeah ive caught a lot of bass in the 3-8 pound range more on the lower 6 pound range and below but once they get over 9 it starts getting hard to tell without a scale.

B
Big3d
Congrats, what a fat little porker. It's still "early" or at least pre-spawn... Dig it!

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice hog! would help if I knew how big you are but guessin around 7 ish by the build

T
Tsohg76
Nice fish, 6 or 7 pound range. Course im really bad about guessing weight.

B
bran_man
nice ditch pickle! Im no expert on bass but I would also guess around 7-8 pound mark...

T
Team CF
Its about a 5.5lber pics are tough. The 2nd pic makes it look massive the first pic shows true size. The 6.3lb fish you caught is bigger.

That being said its a nice fish!

S
sfletcher
The first fish is a totally different fish. the big one is not me holding it way out like some people do lol.

T
Tacomasteelheader
I would say that the first fish weighs 4 lbs any day of this week. So theres no way that the second fish pic is 1.5 lbs more. Its a couple pounds more so saying that the second fish pic weighs 6-7 pounds is not out of the question especially when u compare it to the 6.3 its bigger than that. Ur close to 7 .

S
sfletcher
That's exactly what I was thinkin. Still bummed I didn't have a scale. I know for sure it was over 6 guessing a little over 7 but u knever know till u put it on a scale. Lesson learned the hard way but if I had a scale I Probly wouldn't have caught it ha.

T
Tacomasteelheader
^Check your inbox (notifications) at the top of the page i pm'd you.

C
catfishman89
Nice bass.

Last edited:
T
Team CF
Oh ok I didn't know they were different fish. Pics are a pain you can make an 8 look like a 10 and a 7 look like a 9 if you are a wizard.

N
nixerx
Im jelly bro. :mad:

F
Finneus Polebender
Team CF said:
Oh ok I didn't know they were different fish. Pics are a pain you can make an 8 look like a 10 and a 7 look like a 9 if you are a wizard.

That belly usually gives the big girls away , have yet to see a true 7+ lber without a serious gut!

bass
bass
Wow, you are really smacking some nice fish. Great job slfetcher!

O
OH3Sticks
sfletcher said:
went three times this year 7 fish total with one pig!!! guesses on weight scale was in the other boat>>> i know idiot!!!!:mad:

I see your location says lakeside, did you catch that hog at Tenmile?