big cutthroat on the fly!

brandon4455

brandon4455

this fish is massive.. without a doubt one of the biggest i have caught on this stream and the biggest i have caught in the past 2 years and on my fly rod. He was sitting in a small riffle where i had just caught a smaller fish. as soon as i set the hook he took off downstream and i immediately had to chase him down atleast 50ft downstream. my backing was showing and i was afraid my line would break. but in about 4 minutes i managed to bring the fish to shore, take a couple pics of him and released this beautiful giant to swim another day. also caught a few other fish today but nothing compared to the big one! :D will upload more pics of the trips here soon. including a few quicks ones i snapped of the big fish. these pics,like most on my phone dont do it justice. ps: he took a size 12 rubber legged bead head prince in a small riffle. and if your thinkign this fish isn't big just remember, it isn't a westlope,lahontan or even sea run. it is a resident coastal cutthroat.

trophy cutthroat.jpg can't even fit my hand around him!.jpg the release of my giant.jpg

Last edited:
S

Spydeyrch

Nice fish there brandon!!!! was it lower than we were saturday morning?

-Spydey

F

FlyBum

Nice one Brando!!! :) :) :) Tighten the drag and go to 4x if you don't want to see your backing (Just kiddin) Nothing like backing burns on your guides or stress cracks in the epoxy! (I know) Check into a pattern called the Millennium Prince, this fly I have taken a liking to this year and will expect great results and have not been disappointed yet. Really fun tie! :)

L

lilsalmon

Wow.....Brandon...good job. You beat me today, I only got 1 but that means I ended the skunk!!!!! your the slayer :dance::dance:

brandon4455

brandon4455

thank you everyone. ive worked hard this past year and a half to get a big fish and finally got one. it's truly a trophy and replaces the sturgeon as my desktop background. :D

brandon4455

brandon4455

How big was it?

i didn't have the tape measure with me but the guy that lived in the house behind the creek saw it and said it goes atleast 19 inches. i wish i would have had a better camera with me and someone else with to judge the thing. thing is a pig...

Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

Wow.....Brandon...good job. You beat me today, I only got 1 but that means I ended the skunk!!!!! your the slayer :dance::dance:

yay!!!! i knew you would kick that darn skunk. nice job there rose

Last edited:
P

ProfessorChromology

Very cool fish! Very cool blog. I am going to link to it on mine. Keep up the good work!

brandon4455

brandon4455

Very cool fish! Very cool blog. I am going to link to it on mine. Keep up the good work!

thanks! and coastaldweller, i looked at the tape measurer a second ago and looking at it im thinking the fish was right between 19 and 20 inches. biiiig fish

S

Sinkline

Damn Brandon, that's a good fish anywhere! Good job!

Randy

Top Bottom