Big Creek

M
Mike123
steelhead_stalkers said:
The upper McKenzie is a classic example of this. There are quite a few guys who just know how to floss extremely well and they admit it. Kind of makes me mad when I talk to them and they are like "I hooked five this morning but didn't get any to the bank", then I know its going to be a tough day getting them to bite. :lol: Then again there are those there that are drifting corkies and bait and other gear that gets them bit. It works out for me because they come down to a hole, lose their gear four times, get mad and move on. I sit there and watch for a while then proceed to catch fish. :D

Exactly...

What ticks me off is when there are mass crowds of flossers and snaggers it turns the bite off big time! Here on the South Santiam this happens everyday... makes it hard to get a fish to open it's mouth and bite when there are 20, 12ft. leaders yanking across their backs all morning and night.

T
THE JEFF
Mike123 said:
Thats a pretty ignorant statement. I think float fishing can or is equally effective or sometimes even more effective in certain areas. Sounds like your fishing meat holes anyways. From what I see is most meat holes are full of corkie and yarn ONLY fisherman and at least half of the fish are lined. But Im not saying I dont fish in those areas with corkie and yarn. Just a lot of the guys that are are SNAGGERS. There I said it.
BTW... I catch more steelhead drifting yarn flies and glo bugs than any other method. I just don't use corkies unless Im floating bait.

Wow Mike! I could think I was at the other board for a second. I went from being "sensitive" to to being a meatholeing, ignorant, snagger. Dude, do you have bad manors or are you just unfriendly? All I said was in my opinion drift fishing is more effective. My opinion. Use whatever you want I dont care. I am a good and ethical fisherman. I dont care for what you are implying about me. I thought OFF was better than this. Like I said I thought i was ifish'n for a second.

M
Mike123
THE JEFF said:
Wow Mike! I could think I was at the other board for a second. I went from being "sensitive" to to being a meatholeing, ignorant, snagger. Dude, do you have bad manors or are you just unfriendly? All I said was in my opinion drift fishing is more effective. My opinion. Use whatever you want I dont care. I am a good and ethical fisherman. I dont care for what you are implying about me. I thought OFF was better than this. Like I said I thought i was ifish'n for a second.

I didn't call you anything THE JEFF. Don't be so sensitive... :lol:
Not implying anything about anyone. Just stating a fact that in meat holes that is what everyone uses and half or more aren't fishing legit. I said I fish those same holes myself, but Im not implying that I am unethical either. Im sure you do put a lot of fish in the freezer using corkie and yarn.

I figure you fish the same kinds of holes when you say "I hate when people try to float fish where everyone is drift fishing." That implies there are LOTS of people drift fishing. In turn that means meat hole. Usually those types don't like the float fisherman.

Last edited:
T
THE JEFF
Mike123 said:
I didn't call you anything THE JEFF. Don't be so sensitive... :lol:
Not implying anything about anyone. Just stating a fact that in meat holes that is what everyone uses and half or more aren't fishing legit. I said I fish those same holes myself, but Im not implying that I am unethical either. Im sure you do put a lot of fish in the freezer using corkie and yarn.

Actually you DID imply that that I fish meatholes and you flat out said I made an"ignorant statment" . You should choose your words a little more carefully, Id hate see you offend someone with a hotter temper than mine.

M
Mike123
THE JEFF said:
Actually you DID imply that that I fish meatholes and you flat out said I made an"ignorant statment" . You should choose your words a little more carefully, Id hate see you offend someone with a hotter temper than mine.

You implied yourself. I just read the imply. Yes I see you have a temper.
It's just harmless internet chat bud... take 'er easy. Crack open a beer. ;)

B
beaverfan
Frankly saying that one method of fishing is more effective than another is a pretty ignorant statement. Some may be better at fishing different methods. Some days conditions are different. So saying that drifting corkies and yarn is the most of effective way of catching fish is false. It just simply means that you are most skilled at drifting corkies.

T
THE JEFF
I never said one method was better I said more fish ars taken with corkies than other methods on local rivers, from the bank. I fish a lot and have for a long time so I feel pretty confident In my statement, not ignorant at all. I fish from my boats and from the bank and use a lot of differant methods I dislike poachers and dont agree with useing corkies in still water. My favorite way to fish is bobber and eggs. I also do not drink beer nor do not have a perticularly bad temper. I just thought the guys on this site were a better and more polite bunch than at that other site. I would hate to be wrong about that.

F
FishKiller23
Man just relax and fish guys. Ive used them all bobber and jigs, corkies and yarn. Eggs you name it. Ive thrown all of the tackle box at them.

as far as snaggers go... to me those are people who try to snag a fish on purpose or keep foul hooked fish. That is a snagger in my eyes. I am not even gotta get into flossers.

S
steelhead_stalkers
THE JEFF said:
I never said one method was better I said more fish ars taken with corkies than other methods on local rivers, from the bank. I fish a lot and have for a long time so I feel pretty confident In my statement, not ignorant at all. I fish from my boats and from the bank and use a lot of differant methods I dislike poachers and dont agree with useing corkies in still water. My favorite way to fish is bobber and eggs. I also do not drink beer nor do not have a perticularly bad temper. I just thought the guys on this site were a better and more polite bunch than at that other site. I would hate to be wrong about that.

This all started from your original post below!! Doesn't seem to polite to me!!

THE JEFF said:
Says the jig and float salesman. Give me a break. Some people are bad and do bad things but to say useing corkies isn't fishing is B.S.Now I hope you can brainwash some of the newer fishermen on this fine board (and it seems to be the majority on here) and sell lots of your pretty jigs but lets at least try to be realistic. Corkies catch fish.

:confused:

Last edited:
O
osmosis
killer! some guys like bobbers, some guys like drifting corkies. when calling one tactic better than the other, you need to remember that it is conditionally and location, structure, water depth and speed that decides what is "best".

You'd have an incredibly hard time chinook fishing in some of my favorite holes with a corkie and yarn thats for damn sure. over 20' deep of mach 3 water with all kinds of F'd up hydraulic pressure. same thing as shallow fast water not being the best float fishing.

I can't find the emoticon with a guy beating a dead horse, but I think we need one.
The full moon isn't for another couple days guys...

Breathe and go fishing!

R
Rascal
Osmosis has spoken!

J
Johnny Southpaw
THE JEFF said:
Says the jig and float salesman. Give me a break. I have caught more salmon and steelhead than most guys and I am not a snagger. And I primaraly use corkie and yarn with and without bait. I have some of the most violent strikes from chinook,coho and chum,on corkie and yarn. Salmon do bite corkies!!!! All who use them are not flossers,snaggers or what ever you want to call them. Some people are bad and do bad things but to say useing corkies isn't fishing is B.S.Now I hope you can brainwash some of the newer fishermen on this fine board (and it seems to be the majority on here) and sell lots of your pretty jigs but lets at least try to be realistic. Corkies catch fish.

Corkies catch fish but so does SS. I'm in awe of some of the fish he's caught, and if you want to see some cool fishing videos check out his website. He's got a wealth of knowledge and he shares! And his jigs are pretty and they catch fish!

Fisherman sure don't have EGOS do they:lol::lol::lol: