Big Cliff Res input

C
capblack
Im going to Big Cliff Res first thing in the morning to fish off the bank for trout. Havent been there in a while, and any input would be helpful. Where to fish from, and what to use. thanks, Brian

Troutski
Troutski
PM sent..

PM sent..

PM sent...

Chuck

18406ej
18406ej
Ditto.

I
Indifisher
Try finding out when, if at all, they will be letting water out of Detroit. This will grind and chum the water pretty well. If banking it, try to get as far up to the no fishing line, towards the Detroit side, as possible. If they let water out, watch the water level, it will rise a foot or two on you. I know people that have good luck with powerbait and worms off the bottom up by the no fishing line.
A little later in the day, you can fish off the large boulder next to the "primative" boat launch. Powerbait and small roostertails can work here.
Farther down Hwy 22, before Big Cliff Dam, there is a creek that empties into the reservoir. You can usually see a gravel bar on the reservoir side. This seems to be stocker heaven. Fish off the bottom and you should limit out if they stocked it lately.
Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

C
capblack
thanks for all the great info. one of my daughters is going with me, and Im sure well have a great time, rain or shine, fish or not. Sure beats staying at home regardless of the outcome.

E.J. I dont know about big cliff, but I did get a whitefish in Detroit last weekend, up by the flats fishing a worm off the bottom. Brian