Big bluegill .... what do I do for state record ?

H
Hawk

Those are beautiful bluegill bro.

What are they eating in your pond/lake?

Welcome to the family.

T
todd_brooks
WOW!! I grew up in the mid west and thats a trophy fish for sure. And I don't remember who said it but, they were right those things are amazing table fare my mouth is watering just seeing those pictures. I'm not kidding my mouth is watering, I haven't had a good pan fish fish fry for years. Enjoy your gem man thats sweet.

H
halibuthitman
that is a stunning bluegill... the godzilla of panfish!:shock:

brandon4455
that is a stunning bluegill... the godzilla of panfish!:shock:

4wt fly rod+ a bright colored size 14 soft hackle +trophy bluegill = screaming fly reel

F
Finneus Polebender
Got my first swimbait bluegill not near the monster you guys are catchin ,but quite the surprise none the less . This guy was right at 1 lb hit a 3.5 inch castaic swim bait freakin awesome!

T
TTFishon
Got my first swimbait bluegill not near the monster you guys are catchin ,but quite the surprise none the less . This guy was right at 1 lb hit a 3.5 inch castaic swim bait freakin awesome!

That's good to know.

S
shotgun
On letting people fish ..... We just bought the property this summer amd am still getting settled in .... Maybe next year I will let a few people fish ... catch and release only with barbless hooks ... but it will be limited ...
Thanks for all your comments and help ...
Doug

F
Finneus Polebender

That is very cool and will keep your place fishin good for years to come , pretty much do the same here but dont really worry about the barbs and the fish seem to be no worse for the wear!