Beware of the Great White Ho (hand sanitizer sucks)

J
JeannaJigs
Thursday I was viciously attacked by an angry ho that got the last word in before it's demise. I netted it for a guy that didn't have a net and during the hand off, my hand that was under the gill plate was introduced to the great White's teeth. Jaws wouldn't let go and started thrashing. Blood went everywhere and not a drop of it was from the fish. This photo is 3 days afterwards. It got 3 fingers but this one is still painful.

Now I'm at work and get to use hand sanitizer no less than about 200 times a shift, wahoo.

Beware of great white hos!!
(Picture sucks my phone is being a turd)

07bf9c9df4b68b36d98307e17697c97c.jpg

I did kill a nice hen, coulda swore it was a buck but I got berries instead of milt sac. Went 10.5

795d7cffd7fd068bb24091a59e9f6418.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

M
mikeredding
Beware of the Great White Ho (hand sanitizer sucks)

ouch I feel your pain. I did that all summer with tuna and halibut.

J
JeannaJigs
I'm usually pretty careful, but this one got the better of me. You can be sure I didn't put my hand anywhere near the fangs of those chum I got Friday, I let Jeff pull the hooks out of every single one LOL.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Jeez, Jeanna! My fingers were all fine until I looked at that mess! Are you sure you don't need a shot for lock jaw? :sad:

B
billfisher
OW! Looks like you stuck it in a shredder! You got a nice chrommer there though!

J
JeannaJigs
I like to call it my hamburger finger :( yeah that fish was fresh you can see in the photo if you zoom in it was covered in lice. I hate picking those things off, heck of a problem to have ;)

hobster
hobster
Ouch, looks painful. Sweet fish though!

D
DrTheopolis
I got a little lazy unhooking a chinook I was releasing, that everyone here tells me I didn't catch on ultrathin 8# (pretty sure it was Spiderwire Mono), and it gave a thrash, which drug the line across my right index finger, and 2 weeks later, I can still see exactly where it was.

Sometimes we forget that there's injuries to be had from fishing and fish. Until we're reminded, usually painfully.

B
Big3d
Speak for yourself Dr.T, I never come home without a new injury if I've been fishing. Sometimes its slipping on rocks or mud, sometimes I grab my braid and get a slice. Either way something everytime. Nice fish Jeanna.

A
autofisher
So let me get this straight..... You will readily stick your hands in the mouth of a fish that can do that to you..... But you will scream like a little girl and try to climb a mountain side to get away from a three foot garter snake?

Nice fish Jigs..... And I feel your pain as I'm sitting here nursing a line burn from a nook I got this weekend.

J
JeannaJigs
autofisher said:
So let me get this straight..... You will readily stick your hands in the mouth of a fish that can do that to you..... But you will scream like a little girl and try to climb a mountain side to get away from a three foot garter snake?

Nice fish Jigs..... And I feel your pain as I'm sitting here nursing a line burn from a nook I got this weekend.
Hell yeah, eff snakes!!!!

T
troutmasta
The only fish injury I have right now is a mono cut from climbing out on a bridge piling in 6 feet of water wearing chest waders and yanking line out of the wooden support to land my friends first chum cause she got it stuck on the bridge and wanted a pic.......

J
JeannaJigs
Lol! Sorry about that! You did a good job!