Benson Lake - where are the fish?

W
wopdango
I went to Benson Lake on Saturday (4/23) for about 2 hours and didn't get a nibble, nor see anyone else getting bites. Saw no fish jumping, no activity at all. ODFW said they stocked it with 4k fish last week. Whats the deal? Where are the fish?

K
kenjimua
yeah i know! im wondering the same thing as well....i went fishing there about last week and had the same results!..every one was on the hartmond pond(i think that's how you spell it).....

C
chrisohm
I was also there Saturday and I had a few bites but the wind was atrocious. I saw a few people pull fish out of the other pond but no real action at all.

Gunga
Gunga
Ive been to benson lake quite a few times. Its really way to shallow to fish off the bank there ive only had sucess when you are able to get a raft out into the middle. I can gurantee thats where the fish are. i would limit out in 45 mins to an hour when out in a raft. the action is almost nonstop when in a raft. Ive also done catch and release and had 50 fish days from a raft. i suggest a bobber with worm or any roostertail.hope this info helps.

W
wopdango
Well if anyone gets any catches I'd love to hear about it. Stupid fish, start biting!

B
BothKindsOfCool
I put my boat in a few days after they put 2 or 4k in last time and saw maybe 5 fish on the finder.No bites at all either.

M
mthoodrider
Yeah, that lake is way to shallow. I'm planning on taking the pontoon out when the water warms up a bit.
My friend caught a 8lb bass from there in 98. I think it's still the record for that lake. Never seen much action from warm water species there though anymore. Any one hook any bass over there lately??

B
bassman503
one time during the summer on the rail road side we were trout fishing and under an over hanging tree there were a bunch of fishes that looked like catfish circling under the shade.. tried worms, corn and stuff but couldnt hook any. My cousin swears hes seen a rainbow fish in there.. Don't know what hes talking about

Gunga
Gunga
I havnt been there in over a year. I personally never hooked a bas in there but have seen people bring up between 5 and 10 inch bass out of there. Ive also only caught a handful of crappie bluegill and sunfish.