Been a while

M
markasd
So after life has slowed down for a few hours and I was actually in town, I escaped to a coastal stream for summers... was not let down.
Showed up late in the day, fished for a few hours and missed a few fish - landed one little steelhead, not much spunk in him.
Did some bush-wackin' and found a cool camp spot for the dog and I.. crashed out early and headed back up the next day. Quite a few people out, but did manage a decent spot a ways outta the crowd and within a few casts had action.. missed! This went on for about an hour, nibble nibble - bobber barely jiggled and cause I saw what was happening down below I lifted.. all hell broke loose. This fish went straight up - airborne right out the gate.. down stream taking what little of 6# test I had on my reel, so I had to chase it! Had to make some funky terrain changes of about 8-10' while keepin' this fish under control - err more like get controlled by this fish while making these hops... no worries though, after a few minutes dinner is on the beach...
Fished again for another hour with another take down that didn't stick and as quick as I was able to get away, I had to get back. I plan to get back out this week some time, this time to fish it with a fly rod and possibly shoot some vid with this little flip thing I was given..

S
Spydeyrch
Nice story man!! Glad you could get out and enjoy the fishing. It is always nice to find sweet little spots that no one really knows about. Enjoy!!

-Spydey

M
Modest_Man
Dude let me know if you want a tag-along. I've got all sorts of time off this week and picked up a 8wt fly setup. Get all settled into the new house?

M
markasd
All settled - tidy up Travis' room and get ready for him around the 1st of October!! Gettin' the "office" dialed in and tying again, now that I have access to my goods..

Should be able to do a early mission.. half day?

LOVE me some summer steel!!

M
Modest_Man
I'm free Tues-Friday for an early assault. He's coming quick man...better get all your fishing done in the next two months here for a while. ;)