Beaverton Area Fishing

M
michaelkim9582
I was wondering if you guys could tell me of any pond close by, to fish for bass.

thanks(in advance)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome

Welcome

michaelkim9582 said:
I was wondering if you guys could tell me of any pond close by, to fish for bass.

thanks(in advance)

Welcome to OFF! Since I am not in your area, I will leave the info for the ones who are better qualified. Check out the post archives and I bet you will find a couple, at least. Hope to hear from you and see pics of your trophies.
Barb

T
tdspence
There is Bethany pond at West Union and 185th. I have fished it twice. i caught a few stocker trout. Commonwealth is in Beaverton, you could google it to get directions. Then Hagg Lake isn't to far either. Here is a decent link to show the different lakes, it's not 100% accurate on what fish are always in it though.

Oregon Fish Finder

M
michaelkim9582
thanks, Is there any lakes near Beaverton or Tigard(preferebly in Beaverton)

Last edited:
S
Silverblade
michaelkim9582 said:
thanks, Is there any lakes near Beaverton or Tigard(preferebly in Beaverton)

Commonwealth is not far west of Cedar Hills blvd and a bit south of Hwy 26. It's in Beaverton! Exact directions can be googled and it shows up nicely on a map program if you zoom to the area. I'd say it's less than a mile west of Cedar Hills blvd - between that road and Murray.
I have only driven by it, didn't see where to park the car it seemed surrounded by homes - but I hear there is access somewhere I just can't help with exactly where that is.

Good luck and please report what you catch to the rest of us!

C
cavdad45
There are two accesses. Sorry no boats, but they do have fishing piers and lots of shoreline.

M
michaelkim9582
is it by the cedar hill mall? by joes and the movie theater?

C
cavdad45
It's east of Murray Road and north of Tektronics. Go to google maps for a good map of the area.

M
michaelkim9582
thank you for answering my question.

B
Bassdad54
Fishin-4-life ??

Fishin-4-life ??

Hey is this Bobby??

M
michaelkim9582
no im michael

Troutski
Troutski
M
michaelkim9582
it is kinda odvious what my name is.

P.S. what do u mean by the michael kim?

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
THE Michael Kim? OH MY GOD! IT'S HIM!!! OMG I'VE WANTED TO MEET YOU SOME DAY!!! I can't believe it's you. WOW, I almost fainted. Ohhh come on, can I have your signature??? I'm confused... Why did troutski say, the; michael kim?

P
phisherman162
Commonwealth

Commonwealth

I have fished the little pond on 185th from belly boat and from shore. Caught a total of 3 stockers and 1 carp for 20 or so hours. Not much going on there, but it beats work!

I have fished commonwealth, both from the shore and from a pontoon boat and it is the wierdest little pond I have ever fished. It is home to largemouth, bluegill, crappie, stocker trout (strange, stunted little critters), brood trout, big carp, koi, possibly smallmouth, a couple goldfish, and at least one african cichlid. I think the neighborhood kids put aquarium fish in there when they are tired of having them around. I spent 2 hours trying to catch this little fish near the east shore, thinking he was a mutant bass. When I got him up, sure enough, african cichlid. It can be fun when the millfoil isn't too bad, but pretty tough to fish once it warms up too much. Haven't been is 10 months, but it is worth giving a try.

Head north on cedar hills and turn left before you hit 26. The road loops back to the south and there is 2 parking spots on the left.

Good luck!