flippinbaits
the best recipe is catch and release :rolleyes:

T
Troutier Bassier
Not in the Colombia.

O
osmosis
Eat those suckers!
I bet if you google it you will get all kinds of good recipes.

F
FishSchooler
Cover the bottom of the frying pan with TINY bit of olive oil. Just enough to coat it!
Then, take a few slices of ginger and throw them in the hot oil to get a little flavor into the oil.
Once it's been sizzling for 6 seconds, throw in your fish (filleted, steak chunked, or whole). Throw in a handful of onions once the fish is almost cooked (eyes popped out). Once those onions are nice and crispy with a tiny tiny of gold in them, throw in a handful of green onions. Stir it all up, take it out, have some soy sauce on the side, sprinkle some salt n pepper, and eat! We do this with basically all of our fish...

T
Troutier Bassier
Mmmmmm, Asian Fish Recipie, Sounds good.

Thats first on my List.

R
rainman
Beer Batter
1 12 oz can flat Beer
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Paprika
1 cup Flour

1bigfish
I have a really good recipie for bass:

Alder Plank Bass

Soak Alder plank in warm water for at least 1/2 hour. Take one bass, scale it, and gut it, take the head off. Split it down the middle, butterfly style. Then soak it in salt water for an hour or so. While its soaking, cut up one whole onion into slices. Open up a jar of your favorite salsa, grab a beer and some chips, and munch away while the fish is soaking. Get some red bell peppers and some yellow ones, slice thinly. A fresh tomatoe can be used too, dice it into chunks. Remove bass from the brine, and place it on the alder plank skin side down. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover up with all the veggies, and wrap the whole thing in some aluminum foil. Place in the oven at 325 for 15 min. Remove from oven, toss the bass into the garbage, and eat the plank. Be glad you had the chips and salsa on hand.

F
Fishtopher
1bigfish said:

Alder Plank Bass

Soak Alder plank in warm water for at least 1/2 hour. Take one bass, scale it, and gut it, take the head off. Split it down the middle, butterfly style. Then soak it in salt water for an hour or so. While its soaking, cut up one whole onion into slices. Open up a jar of your favorite salsa, grab a beer and some chips, and munch away while the fish is soaking. Get some red bell peppers and some yellow ones, slice thinly. A fresh tomatoe can be used too, dice it into chunks. Remove bass from the brine, and place it on the alder plank skin side down. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover up with all the veggies, and wrap the whole thing in some aluminum foil. Place in the oven at 325 for 15 min. Remove from oven, toss the bass into the garbage, and eat the plank. Be glad you had the chips and salsa on hand.

Thats my favorite bass recipe! Of all time!!:lol:

T
Timber
I just thought of a favorite called Perch Creole. You can use crappie or bass as well. I wrote this down years ago and it is delicious. Makes great leftovers as well.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped parsley or 1/8 cup dried parsley flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cups fresh or canned tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon worcestshire sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried mint
Cayenne or Louisiana hot sauce to taste
Salt and pepper
Perch fillets (boneless) - as many as you want

Heat oil over medium high heat in a high walled pan. Add onions, bell pepper, and parsley and cook until onions are soft. Stir in the wine, tomatoes, garlic, worcestshire sauce, tomato sauce, salt, mint, and pepper. Cover and cook over medium until the sauce boils. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 1 hour or until the tomatoes fall apart. Add the fish and simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.

C
Combat Chuck
1bigfish said:

Alder Plank Bass

Ive only ever kept one, and ya... thats kinda how I felt about the taste. Might try it again in the future at lake with lots of smallmouth...maybe its one of those acquired tastes :lol:

A
A_J-Llama
One of the best Bass feasts, while camping at Valsetz B4 they took the dam out, when you could catch a hundred bass a day there, we crushed saltine crackers and added salt , pepper, and onion powder, rolled the fillets and pan fried over camp fire...mmmmmm goood:dance::dance: **we did throw all the hawgs back, but the dinks were so plentyful, made great lunch fare :clap::clap::clap: What an awesome fishery it was, you would never know from cast to cast what you might catch, LM bass, SM bass, rainbows, crappie, even hooked and lost:( a nice steelhead on untra light( mostly cuz we had no net in the boat:rolleyes:) Also try,Ritz crackers or Potato Buds for your fillets, works on perch, bass and crappie, and don't knock em till you try em:cool:;)

C
charlie
wasabi is all u need

hahaha

keke ;)