Bass on the Fly or forgive me father.. for I have sinned

H
halibuthitman
Several weeks ago I planned my yearly trip to Hope Idaho for a week of flyfishing on the clarke fork and The Pack River, well I arrived here 2 days ago to see warm weather and exeptionaly high flows from snow melt have both rivers blown out to the point of unfishable.. yesterday I walked around the resort kicking around the misrable prospect of trolling ( boring ) around all day for bows and macs when in two feet of water I spotted a delicious little bass, so I ran back for my flyrod and my carreer of ditch pickle hunter began. It has been ridiculous, large and smalls have just been hammering my black buggers and Ive even taken two on the surface with an improvised popper. I have been fishing all day with 4 lb tippet and I have to admit, bass of any size are escape artist of a whole nother caliber... I lost several fish over 5lbs today, landed around 25 in the 3 inch - 3 lb range and managed 1 that seemed pretty big to a greeni like me to bass fishing. lost one that since im the only one that saw him Im gonna judge at around 75 lbs give or take 67 lbs... they may be ditch pickles, but they are the ditch pickles that saved my trip.. so I will continue to let them go, but no matter what.. im still not gonna start watching nascar! Its been a blast on my glass 7 wt and tonite I ran into sandpoint and picked up some 15 lb flouro... so bucket mouth look out, tommorrow will be a different story!

E
eggs
Just when I thought you were cool..

H
halibuthitman
eggs said:
Just when I thought you were cool..

I deserve negative reputation... punish me

E
eggs
hahaha nawww

H
halibuthitman
pound for pound Bass will really tear it up.... kinda suprised, gonna go into walmart tommorrow and try to find a dale jr or rusty wallace shirt.. I want to fit in-

G
Growbug
Nice fish.
I too recently caught the Bass addiction, but, you did it with more style, you used the fly rod!!
Still havent worked out a way to throw a senko with my 7wt... or is that REALLY going to lose me friends and get shunned from polite society.

Go catch more pickles!!! Glad you are enjoying yourself.

E
eggs
Dude I got an original black 1991 Dale Sr. shirt!

Yea bass fight hard.. fished em in FL. when I lived there till I got bored..

L
lilsalmon
I am jealous....I want a bass on the fly!!! Good job...we still love ya...hehe. Hope is a very nice place...used to drive through and around there many times to go to Eureka Montana

T
TTFishon
Nice smallies!!! I've only caught one bass on a fly. Looks like you had a blast!

B
bigsteel
nice bass brad,,,,,trolling or bass i would have picked the bass too

M
metalfisher76
Kewl duuude! That 1`s a fattie fo sho bro!

J
jleepga
Nicely done. Bass on the fly are a blast.

N
ninja2010
you are forgiven... some 11th amendment to the 10th commandment thingy makes it okay...

i want to try it someday soon...

G
GDBrown
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.... If your fishing you gotta go with/for what is available. Especially if you have traveled so far to do it. At least you are in beautiful country while your at it.

We will forgive all for now, but if we catch you doing it when you come home we may have to deduct a rep point or two! :lol:

At least they were bass and not carp! :lol: