Bank fishing - North Santiam

F
flipper
Will be targeting steelhead, unsure of where to go (but will be reading the bank fishing NFS thread shortly. Excited!

If ya see a guy wearing a black hoodie jacket with a blue/red Los Angelas Angels hat, say hi!

Any one have any hints on jig coloring I should target? Thinking about bobber fishing :D
 
M
mrlindeman
Use pink jigs under a half OZ float with quarter OZ jig and quarter OZ weight. if the water is low and clear which it should be at North Santiam recreational park, which is where you should go lol use purple and black jigs with a touch of scent and a raw shrimp chunk on the hook :) Find the spot with the huge rock and cast directly at 12 oclock towards the fallen tree across stream and float that green seam :) Use 18 or so inches between your hook and swivel. Tight Lines man.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Hey Flip,

Why not fish the Mac? It's a lot closer to you.

Unless, you're lookin' for a change of pace or something.
 
F
flipper
Change of pace, way too many folks fishing the Mak. Plus I'm bank fishing and the Mak is horrible for bank access. Would need to hook up with a drifter.
 
F
flipper
mrlindeman said:
Use pink jigs under a half OZ float with quarter OZ jig and quarter OZ weight. if the water is low and clear which it should be at North Santiam recreational park, which is where you should go lol use purple and black jigs with a touch of scent and a raw shrimp chunk on the hook :) Find the spot with the huge rock and cast directly at 12 oclock towards the fallen tree across stream and float that green seam :) Use 18 or so inches between your hook and swivel. Tight Lines man.

You are awesome, wish I could go fishin' with you tomorrow :)
 
troutdude
troutdude
flipper said:
Change of pace, way too many folks fishing the Mak. Plus I'm bank fishing and the Mak is horrible for bank access. Would need to hook up with a drifter.

10 -4. You'll probably find the S. Santiam packed, and doing battle for bank space there too. North is a much better choice.
 
F
flipper
troutdude said:
10 -4. You'll probably find the S. Santiam packed, and doing battle for bank space there too. North is a much better choice.

Care to join me? :)
 
S
SantiamDrifter
This time of year the north is an early morning/night bite. If your gunna fish, get there at sunrise, or earlier if possible. There are many folks that fish the north more then our group, and we can hardly touch a fish after 11am.
 
troutdude
troutdude
flipper said:
Care to join me? :)

Thanks for the invite; but I just had out of state company arrive last night. So, I'll be tied up.

Good luck!
 
D
Drew9870
N. Santiam is tricky, and most who don't have a boat have given up on the system, a lot of the best water is only accessible by boat, and some of the best methods require a boat. I personally recommend darker colors for clear water, judging by the color of the Santiam, I'd use a purple/black jig, but not entirely pink, maybe a tinge of pink thrown into a dark colored jig.

Phil (hope you don't mind Phil for short), what do you think about catch and release Carp fishing? I could maybe travel up to Eugene within the next 7 days and let you know, I know of a spot where the Carp are hard to NOT catch :lol:, and they fight good on 4-6lb test. Let me know what you think.
 
M
Modest_Man
So if someone had say, a cataraft, and has floated the North Santiam, would someone who knows some good water be willing to possibly float along?

I really just need a second person for shuttling the raft, unless people know of a shuttle service?
 
S
SantiamDrifter
Bob Lusk, 503-859-2880
 
F
flipper
Drew9870 said:
Phil (hope you don't mind Phil for short), what do you think about catch and release Carp fishing? I could maybe travel up to Eugene within the next 7 days and let you know, I know of a spot where the Carp are hard to NOT catch :lol:, and they fight good on 4-6lb test. Let me know what you think.

I'd be up for that if I'm open the day your down here. Never fished for carp, but sounds like fun! PM me when your planning on coming down.
 
F
flipper
Lilsalmon - empty some of your PMs, I can't send a thank you note! :p
 

Similar threads

C
Replies
11
Views
2K
bigboy70
B
S
Replies
11
Views
7K
eggs
E
C
Replies
7
Views
2K
Hendo30
H
B
Replies
28
Views
14K
Born2Fish55
B
S
Replies
13
Views
2K
SmallStreams
S
Top Bottom