• Thread starter Troutier Bassier
  • Start date
T

Troutier Bassier

What should I use Ight now?
Bait?
Or
Spinners?

If im going to the sandy in a few weeks what Should I use? I heard a lot of Talk bout Coon Shrimpies. Do they work for Summer Steel right now?

Cause I talked to a lot of People and they all say Spinners but I read the forms and people catch them on Bait????

Hmmmm:think::think:

M

metalmania

Spinners will be your best bet. What size and finish will vary with the water color and temp.

Troutski

Troutski

Spoons...

Spoons...

Spoons would be my first attempt, maybe a Kastmaster first cast...but thats my way.

Chuck

S

steelhead_stalkers

Last time out we hooked six steelhead! Three on spinners, one on roe, one on a worm and one on micro jig! Spinners are working well but you need to change up a lot and keep showing them something different. Good luck!

O

osmosis

coon shrimp will and do work, right now with the water so warm spinners or spoons are a better way to go for steelhead.
a large %age of my springers lately have been on prawns or eggs but some are on TCO spinners when I throw em through deep slots.

M

Mike123

I think once you get the spinner thing down it can be verrrry effective.
But... I can never leave with out my float and drift rod too.
Certain water is best suited with certain techniques.

T

Troutier Bassier

So I Got Kastmasters, (In all sizes) Vibrax deep running spinners (My trout favorite) Roostertails, Bluefoxs. And Krockodiles.