Awesome tour guide

B
bigboy70
I was fortunate enough to make contact with a member. This member actually responded to my questions with real answers. We were finally able to meet up this weekend and do some touring on the river. I cannot thank him enough for the places and techniques he showed and talked with me about. I will leave there name outta the picture if he wants to chime in fine.

Just wanted to show some respect on here can't wait to hit the river and do more fishing with ya.

THANKS AGAIN
TIGHT LINES

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
There is an element on this forum the new members don't seem to grasp. 95% of the folks here have invested time on the water, time that amounts to YEARS learning everything about the water and the fish it holds. All too many newbies have come here expecting the experienced folks to instantly open up and give up the knowledge acquired over YEARS of sweat, frustration, observation and LEARNING. They would love it if someone would not just reach out, but take them by the hand and lead them to the holy waters. It seldom happens as fast as the newbies would like. Why? Because there is also the element of trust. New members, especially those just starting, need to build trust with the members at large. Newbies, such as yourself who stick around and ask questions and show a genuine interest in learning instead of whining about not getting hooked up with a fish whisperer will eventually find their own holy waters. You may have finally been shown the path to yours. Congratulations and kudos to the member who reached out to you.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hi Barb! Thanks for this reply,that had to be said and you did it so very well. Please save it for future issue. Tony

B
bigboy70
I agree 100% with you Barb,
I was one of those newbs who was in hope of that. Came to realize this was not going tohappen nor should it be handed away I can say I didn't deserve it at all when I first join even today I didn't deserve what was handed to me. I believe sticking around and putting in time on the water for a couple months.Attempting to learn the river on my own not wanting help wanting to do it on my own Showed I was serious about fishing and was now completely addicted about every part of fishing. After that i noticed more respect coming from senior members.

I look at this more of a reward fir putting countless hours on the river even knowing fish weren't around just trying to learn the river. Also learning new techniques and trying like Hell to find a steelhead with no luck but that didn't stop me from going out the next day and doing it all again

Love this place

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
bigboy70 said:
I agree 100% with you Barb,
I was one of those newbs who was in hope of that. Came to realize this was not going tohappen nor should it be handed away I can say I didn't deserve it at all when I first join even today I didn't deserve what was handed to me. I believe sticking around and putting in time on the water for many years.Attempting to learn the river on my own not wanting help wanting to do it on my own Showed I was serious about fishing and was now completely addicted about every part of fishing. After that i noticed more respect coming from senior members.

I look at this more of a reward fir putting countless hours on the river even knowing fish weren't around just trying to learn the river. Also learning new techniques and trying like Hell to find a steelhead with no luck but that didn't stop me from going out the next day and doing it all again

Love this place

It'll only get better.

B
bigboy70
Yes it will even though o haven't caught anything I couldn't ask for a better season thus far people I've met the places ive been the whole experience has been amazing I love every second I'm able to get to a river and enjoy mother nature and fish

EOBOY
EOBOY
I joined this forum to find others to fish with. I see now that because I am "new" I'm held in contempt. I guess I will remove myself.

H
halibuthitman
EOBOY said:
I joined this forum to find others to fish with. I see now that because I am "new" I'm held in contempt. I guess I will remove myself.

Wow... You just galvanized barbs point, but you don't get to remove yourself, the forum owner has disabled that function. Forums are all about members numbers.. You can check out anytime you like.. But you can never leave!!!

O
OnTheDrop
halibuthitman said:
Wow... You just galvanized barbs point, but you don't get to remove yourself, the forum owner has disabled that function. Forums are all about members numbers.. You can check out anytime you like.. But you can never leave!!!

Ahahaha

B
bigboy70
Haha I was waiting for ya brad

T
troutmasta
EOBOY said:

The point is, you have to put something into it if you want to get something out of it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to find someone to fish with. The reference

above was about obtaining knowledge by asking instead of going out and doing.

Dont pretend like being a "new" guy is a bad thing. I bet you had to make friends at school before someone would invite you to a sleepover. Same thing.

But if you dont want to leave, oh wait you can't.....

Irishrover
Irishrover
I've meet and helped several "New" folks along way here. If they are serious enough to have a good time I sure don't mind helping. It just a matter of tact. Like Troutmasta said make friends. I was in Yokohama Japan back in 1967 and didn't know anybody ashore. I made friends and sure enough in a few hours I got invited to a sleepover. Making friend does make a difference.

Last edited:
B
bigboy70
Hahahaha lol this is making my day

C
ChezJfrey
bigboy70 said:
I was fortunate enough to make contact with a member. This member actually responded to my questions with real answers. We were finally able to meet up this weekend and do some touring on the river. I cannot thank him enough for the places and techniques he showed and talked with me about. I will leave there name outta the picture if he wants to chime in fine.

Just wanted to show some respect on here can't wait to hit the river and do more fishing with ya.

THANKS AGAIN
TIGHT LINES

Well, given your location, I'm betting this person showed you some stuff on the Clack and that river is supposed to be a well kept secret. Even though this tour guide fishes in plain sight from many urban roads, or smack in the middle of populated parks, this kind of thing is unacceptable. I think I've figured out who it was and I'm going to give this rat a beat-down!

This guy probably even divulged some spoon techniques...he's gonna pay for that...it's MY gig...those fish are mine, mine, mine!

Oh, and I once tried to remove myself, but was gently reminded through a visit from black helicopters, abduction and a week-long rendition that I can't, so here I remain.

O
OnTheDrop
ChezJfrey said:
Well, given your location, I'm betting this person showed you some stuff on the Clack and that river is supposed to be a well kept secret. Even though this tour guide fishes in plain sight from many urban roads, or smack in the middle of populated parks, this kind of thing is unacceptable. I think I've figured out who it was and I'm going to give this rat a beat-down!

This guy probably even divulged some spoon techniques...he's gonna pay for that...it's MY gig...those fish are mine, mine, mine!

Oh, and I once tried to remove myself, but was gently reminded through a visit from black helicopters, abduction and a week-long rendition that I can't, so here I remain.

It's just a bummer that the Clack doesn't have a winter steelhead run anymore...

On a side note and hi jack, did anybody see that Bill Monroe said that we are expected 8,200 springers to the Clack this year? lol

C
ChezJfrey
SteelmonKiller20 said:
It's just a bummer that the Clack doesn't have a winter steelhead run anymore...

On a side note and hi jack, did anybody see that Bill Monroe said that we are expected 8,200 springers to the Clack this year? lol

Wait, you're right...this is the correct answer...there are actually NO steelhead in the Clack at all. I almost forgot this important fact. So, there you have it people, don't waste your time.

T
troutmasta
ChezJfrey said:
Wait, you're right...this is the correct answer...there are actually NO steelhead in the Clack at all. I almost forgot this important fact. So, there you have it people, don't waste your time.

duh....

H
halibuthitman
Strange.. I heard that eagle creek hatchery already had 212 winters back to it, and 6 of them were over 36 inches...

M
Mad dog
eoboy said:
i joined this forum to find others to fish with. I see now that because i am "new" i'm held in contempt. I guess i will remove myself.

buh-bye!!!

B
bigboy70
lies all lies