Troutski
Its all in the name...

Its all in the name...

Troutski says it all.....

Chuck

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
S
sportsmanlio
My dad is a trout snob. I'll take him to a place like Lost River, where the trout population is almost non-existant, and he'll still fish for trout. He refuses to go most places that don't support trout. His second choice? Bass. I'll catch 50 bluegills before he gives up on the bucketmouths and tries for panfish.

As for me, anything with a fin makes the win. I fish for Redbands more than anything else, but I just go for whatever I feel like catching, and whatever I think the best chance is on that particular day, based on where I am.

I've taken trips to fish for chubs when nothing else was biting. I've fished for Pikeminnows in the Umatilla, where there isn't even a bounty. I've fished canals, ditches, and isolated pockets of water in otherwise dry trout streams. I've fished for bullfrogs and crawdads when the fish didn't comply. I've even fished Bear Creek (Industrial) Park in Medford, and caught a few pale redbands and shiners. Basically, I just love to fish :)

Top 10 species, though?

1) Redband Trout
2) All other trout
3) Surfperch
4) Black Crappie
5) Bottomfish
6) Bluegill
7) Pumpkinseed
8) Brown Bullhead
9) Yellow Perch
10) Smallmouth Bass

T
trollin4trout
Trout are definitely my first choice but I have no pride- I can fish with corn in a slough and catch carp one right after another- as long as they're bitin', I'm fishin'. Brings back kid fishing memories.

Troutski
Troutski
The cool thing about Trout is, there are so many species.... One could Trout fish each day for a different species.... Just think of it, oh be still my heart.

Chuck