Anyone fish the Siuslaw??

R
radiation
Went 11/28/09

Went 11/28/09

Buddy and I took the boat to the 'Slaw on Sat. Put in about 8:30 and fished till 4:00. Not a darn thing. Went from the bar up to the mill, and trolled everything we could think of. Even tried to float in a couple of promising places. We were the only boat fishing. Seen 4 boats crabbing and that was it. Beautiful weather, thank god! Just cold. :x

J
JeannaJigs
radiation said:
Buddy and I took the boat to the 'Slaw on Sat. Put in about 8:30 and fished till 4:00. Not a darn thing. Went from the bar up to the mill, and trolled everything we could think of. Even tried to float in a couple of promising places. We were the only boat fishing. Seen 4 boats crabbing and that was it. Beautiful weather, thank god! Just cold. :x

This time of year, I'd recommend not fishin' the tidewater. The fish are upriver primarily, I'd fish above the town of tide myself.

L
livin2fish
JeannaJigs said:
There might be ;) I know some girl that fishes that river religiously for winter steel.

way to keep hope alive girl but the ducks are going to the rose bowl. my brother fishhunter is fishin the sillyslaw today, we will get back to you all with an update asap.

p.s. hey jenna I recognized you from your work I talked to you briefly about your ink problem when you were moving. keep up the good work you are exelant at what you do. fishon.

J
JeannaJigs
livin2fish said:
way to keep hope alive girl but the ducks are going to the rose bowl. my brother fishhunter is fishin the sillyslaw today, we will get back to you all with an update asap.

p.s. hey jenna I recognized you from your work I talked to you briefly about your ink problem when you were moving. keep up the good work you are exelant at what you do. fishon.

That's right, I WILL keep hope alive, 'cause it's going to happen, those ducks are going down lol. They have to, because, I'm wearing orange in a sea of green...and...they just have to!

Ahh, yeah...the workplace, I remember ya lol. I never did get the ink out...I ended up paying for a new one. I tried to get it out...but it ended badly with fume inhalation. so I gave up lol.

F
fishhunter
Well I see my bro posted I was fishing the siuslaw!!:D Yesterday I caught a 27# bright nookie!!:cool: today I went and caught about 7 or 8 fish 1 being a winter steelhead about 18- 20" a Real beauty..:dance: I also caught 4 or 5 12 to 14 in. native rainbows.. I have fished the slaw quite a bit and rainbows of this size I have not caught before..:think: . ALSO GOT 1 VERY NICE CUTTY...:dance: :dance:So my story is fish the slaw they are there!!!!:dance:

J
JeannaJigs
How far up where you fishin'? I'm waiting for them to get upriver so I can launch an assault from my driftboat, but, might be tempted to hit stagecoach some afternoon if I can escape work early. I bet the tide/brickerville area is pretty hot right now since it hasn't really rained a lot.

T
tbox
fished close to swisshome yesterday. c&r'd a very bright silver, probably close to 10 pounds. heard of 1 native steelhead caught up river closer to the stagecoach bridge. Saw lots of silvers rolling. The river is in pretty good shape.

C
Cohosanders
fishhunter said:
Well I see my bro posted I was fishing the siuslaw!!:D Yesterday I caught a 27# bright nookie!!:cool: today I went and caught about 7 or 8 fish 1 being a winter steelhead about 18- 20" a Real beauty..:dance: I also caught 4 or 5 12 to 14 in. native rainbows.. I have fished the slaw quite a bit and rainbows of this size I have not caught before..:think: . ALSO GOT 1 VERY NICE CUTTY...:dance: :dance:So my story is fish the slaw they are there!!!!:dance:

Wow!!!! You must have caught the Nook that I lost;) What a great report. I will be able to go again the day after christmas. Are the native rainbows considered steelhead after they reach 16 inches???? I caught what looked like baby steelheads instead of the rainbows I am used to. What were you using to catch all those fish?? Eggs/Lures/Sandshrimp???How about the cutty were you able t keep it?

F
fishhunter
Cohosanders said:
Wow!!!! You must have caught the Nook that I lost;) What a great report. I will be able to go again the day after christmas. Are the native rainbows considered steelhead after they reach 16 inches???? I caught what looked like baby steelheads instead of the rainbows I am used to. What were you using to catch all those fish?? Eggs/Lures/Sandshrimp???How about the cutty were you able t keep it?

Hello Coho,
I was using a orange blue fox when I caught the coho. I was bobber and egging it on the steel and bows and cutty. I didn't keep the cutty as fishing in the siuslaw has to many unknown regulations and evev if you have oregon regulations it is not correct actually its a complete joke on that stream.:mad: What I do know is you can only keep nooks below the forks and clipped steelhead above. Other then that I toss them back. I am still not sure on those bows I would be left to believe they are winter steel just small??????:think: If anyone has any ideas on this I would definetly be listening...

J
JeannaJigs
fishhunter said:
Hello Coho,
I was using a orange blue fox when I caught the coho. I was bobber and egging it on the steel and bows and cutty. I didn't keep the cutty as fishing in the siuslaw has to many unknown regulations and evev if you have oregon regulations it is not correct actually its a complete joke on that stream.:mad: What I do know is you can only keep nooks below the forks and clipped steelhead above. Other then that I toss them back. I am still not sure on those bows I would be left to believe they are winter steel just small??????:think: If anyone has any ideas on this I would definetly be listening...

There are some pretty good sized bows in there that come down from Triangle Lake, though there are a lot of native steelhead in Lake creek as well. I've never kept anything from the Siuslaw other than Steelhead and Chinook. Caught lots of 'bows and cutties as a bycatch, so I've just always released them. I did catch quite a few good sized trout on the fly this summer that I C&R'd because I didn't want to eat 'em.