Anyone fish South Twin?

M
mikeredding
I am just wondering if anyone ever fishes South Twin? This is one of my favorite places to fish and has some amazing fishing.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome

Welcome

mikeredding said:
I am just wondering if anyone ever fishes South Twin? This is one of my favorite places to fish and has some amazing fishing.

First of all, welcome to the forum find of a lifetime! We have numerous members fitting all categories of fishing expertise. While waiting for answers to your question, why not check out the archives in each section? Get comfy and grab a drink, cuz you're going to be here a while! I have learned a ton of information from our amazing members. Just cruise through and you will see what I mean.
I have never been to South Twin (where is it?) so I am not help at all for you. But someone will answer sooner or later...they may be at work or fishing. Be safe.
Barb

M
mikeredding
Thanks Barb. I am loving the forum already. I am also a moderator on another forum that is mostly about hunting so I know how addicting it can be.

South Twin is near Wickiup on the Browns Cr. arm. It is a small, non motor lake with some amazing fish. Check it out on line. This fat 'bow was caught there.

Troutski
Troutski
South Twin...

South Twin...

I fish South Twin every year, along with Wickiup and Crane. Very nice lake, have you ever fished out of a boat? Very interesting from a boat, that lake has some very nice fish in it, we found if you follow the shadows and keep your presentation slow and low you will be effective. My wife and I rented a cabin on the lake one year and managed to catch fish from the shore right in front of our porch. Fun lake, there is also North Twin..about the same size both are fun in a float tube or toon...

Chuck

M
mikeredding
Yes I have Chuck. I have taken a canoe over there several times and caught some hogs. I slowly troll a 1/6 oz. Red and Gold Thomas bouyaunt. Very productive. I have been catching fish when nobody else on the lake can get a hit. I have been to North once but never fished it.

Troutski
Troutski
As close as we live to one another we should get together and at least swap some fishing lies. Are you planning on making it to the Delta Ponds Bass Free for All in mid March? Should be a hoot.

Chuck

M
mikeredding
I am unaware of this function. PM me the info if you would please.

F
fishhunter28
south twin

south twin

yeah great fishing and great place to spend the summer I fish all over central oregon north and south twin sheeps bridge is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! there are some great spots on south when you first come in go to your right keep walking around the lake till you get to a tree that has fallen in the water "past the condo things and around the corner through out some rainbow and brown power bait mixed up like a tear drop on a small treble just before sunset and wait dont touch your pole!! you should have great luck with this set up

G
Griz
South Twin is awesome! One of my favorite places to go fishing. Have caught a lot of very nice fish in this lake but have never tried fishing North Twin. Hope to make a trip to South again this year! :)

M
mikeredding
Has anyone ever caught on of those monsters like you see in the pictures in the store? I have hooked a couple but never seem to be able to land them.

C
camojeep94
Hey Redding, I've yet to land one of the beasts up there but they added 8 more over 5 pounds this year. I'll be up there tomorrow so I'll let ya know how it goes. I've been a few times this year and caught tons but the ospreys are worse than ever up there. One hit my gf as she was releasing a fish and then circled around and grabbed her stringer weekend before last!

Sidenote: Hills creek is on fire lately with fat rainbows. :clap:

C
camojeep94
BTW, no more pics in the store. Poloroid stopped making the instant film.

M
mikeredding
Holy smokes, look what the cat dragged in! I haven't fished South Twin in a few years but I need to get back up there again. Maybe even thin the Osprey population a little too. LOL

M
mikeredding
camojeep94 said:
BTW, no more pics in the store. Poloroid stopped making the instant film.

Oh that sux. I guess they will have to invest in a digital and printer

Q
qwapaw
For those that have not had the pleasure of experiencing the fun at South Twin Lake here is some info. A great lake to fish with pleanty of fish to be caught. I admitt, sometimes the are a little tough to catch at times, but keep working at it and they will come. This lake (Iwas told) was a natural lobster den back when the area was covered with water. The crawdads are huge there. I always take my crawdad traps and get a nice batch. If they are covered with eggs, we put them back so we can keep doing it. There is a nice swim area for the kids, and a store with a decent resturant at it. Beer and wine are served there too. They have pay showers, so take your quarters so you can have a nice shower at least once during your stay. The wife, daughter, son in law and grand kids all love it there, not to mention the 2 dogs. Yes we keep them on a leash. Hopefully we will see you there this summer, I hope I have an "OFF" Sticker on my boat so you will say HI. Tight lines, qwapaw (Dan, one of the grey beards on OFF)