Another creation from the lab....

J
Jacks Tackle
I have been playing with some cool stuff.

Motoroilbrass

I dont plan to sell this but it was cool to play with. I am gonna catch a winter steelie on it and then probably put it away. Maybe pull it out again later to catch a Deschutes steelie.

It goes on the blade alittle differently than the body but same finish. I did 3 blades and that was it.

I call it Motor Oil Brass some of you may know the technical name.

What do you guys think? Again this post is just to share something cool. I am not selling this finish.

RB
 
A
Anyfishisfine
Cool, look forward to seeing it with some blood on it.

Why not sell them?
 
T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, Why not sell them? They look like fish catchers.
 
W
West Linn Wader
Iridescent

Iridescent

Jacks Tackle said:
I have been playing with some cool stuff.

It's called Iridescent.

- changeable: varying in color when seen in different lights or from different angles; "changeable taffeta"; "chatoyant (or shot) silk"; "a ...
- having a play of lustrous rainbow colors; "an iridescent oil slick"; "nacreous (or pearlescent) clouds looking like mother-of-pearl"; "a milky opalescent (or opaline) luster"
 
M
meluvtrout
Lookin' good Rob! I marinate my brass lures in vinegar to get that similar oxidized look for summers...
 
H
halibuthitman
I bet that thing just slays the sqauwfish! might be able to sell it to the bounty fishermen on the middle columbia.
 
O
OneMore
zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz FISH ON!
 
J
Jacks Tackle
meluvtrout said:
Lookin' good Rob! I marinate my brass lures in vinegar to get that similar oxidized look for summers...


Vinegar? That is awesome! I need to try that!

halibuthitman said:
I bet that thing just slays the sqauwfish! might be able to sell it to the bounty fishermen on the middle columbia.

I didn't think about squawfish but we get a lot of them in the Sandy.

RB
 
H
halibuthitman
Red Sleeve?

Red Sleeve?

so RB, Im a little curiouse about the red sleeve on the treble hook, what is it for? a stimulant? or does it help with that annoying blade/hook fouling that happens with spinners?.... I have always wondered.... ever since I was just a kid and all the mepps lures had them for a while... then they didn,t, then they put them back on again. thanks
 
S
steelhead_stalkers
Looks pretty cool. I would put it in a frame next to my bench! :)
 
J
Jacks Tackle
halibuthitman said:
so RB, Im a little curiouse about the red sleeve on the treble hook, what is it for? a stimulant? or does it help with that annoying blade/hook fouling that happens with spinners?.... I have always wondered.... ever since I was just a kid and all the mepps lures had them for a while... then they didn,t, then they put them back on again. thanks


If you put your spinner in the water and pull it in front of you. Look at the hook. You will notice it moves from side to side and around. The tubing will show that action much better which can entice a bite. The tubing also adds color to your spiner and in many cases can be used as a contrasting color. Like an Orange body with chartreuse tubing.

Tubing can also be a target for the fish. I have niced especially on summer fish with bigger spinners, it seems a lot of them are hooked in the lip and it looks like they just came up and bit the moving bright tube on the hook.

RB
 
Z
ZeeBorn
Also those tubes make a good place to squert some sent into.;)
 
F
fisch
ROB this spinner WILL kill lots of Coho on Sandy. If you don't want to use it I'll stop by and "borrow" it for few casts in Sep. Minute 8:00 on this video is a copper spinner Video I will split the catch with you :)
 
Y
youngbuck307
man loved that video at like 9:37 my buddie was all of a sudden there didn't know you were the one he was with that day... some great last words for having a fish come off.
 
J
Jacks Tackle
fisch said:
ROB this spinner WILL kill lots of Coho on Sandy. If you don't want to use it I'll stop by and "borrow" it for few casts in Sep. Minute 8:00 on this video is a copper spinner Video I will split the catch with you :)

I think it will also. I was thinking summer steelie and coho spinner for sure.

RB
 
C
Cracker
Looks like a winner!!!!!!!!
 
T
Troutier Bassier
How do you get the blade to appear that way? I tried to find out how with no luck. It looks killer. :D
 

Similar threads

Shaun Solomon
Replies
39
Views
2K
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
nikita_pdx
Replies
2
Views
2K
troutdude
troutdude
D
Replies
4
Views
514
Diamond Lake Charlie
D
bass
Replies
7
Views
2K
bass
bass
Top Bottom