An original maybe???

Gunga
Gunga
so i tied up this fly and i couldnt find any others like it online. its got pheasant tail for its tail and brown streamer hackle for thehackle and for the head i wrapped peacock herl. so if anybody knows what the real name for this fly is please say. if not i made my own fly woot woot. in that case i wonder what i should call it. heres a pic

• DSCN5279.jpg
O
OnTheFly
Again you're starting to get the hang of it but there's one more thing to look out for. Try and gage the hackle length to the size of the space between the hook point and the hook shank. Take a hackle feather and go around the shank then hold it up above the hook. The fibers will spread apart and you will be able to see how long they are compared to the distance from hook point to shank. Soft hackles, among others, are the exception to this rule. Tie the fly again this time using peacock hurl for the body then palmer the hackle through it to the end. Tie off the hackle then form a head with the thread and whip finish. You then will have a new form of a wooly bugger.

troutdude
troutdude
The name of your new pattern is:

Tylersbooger...er...um...Tylersbugger. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
Sinkline said:
They say, "there is no such thing as an original fly pattern". When you consider there are perhaps millions of fly tiers past and present it's resonable to assume that some tier, some place on earth has tied the same pattern.

Yep.

Check out the Griffith Gnat, a variation you may have stumbled upon. I see hackle wrapped over peacock and that's what I think of.

Keep at it, after a few thousand it starts to become real fun.