Am I asking to get in trouble or would this be ok?

R
rainbowfisherman
A lot of poeple fish for Steelhead with yarn balls. The weight of that would be similar to casting a dry fly. Hope they let you get on the river!

F
fish4life
I know a guy who got a ticket trying to catch crawdads, he had a piece of bacon tied to the end of his fishing rod with no hook but since the water he was trying to catch crawdads from was closed for spawning fish he was written up the cop told him if he was using a trap or just a string with the bacon on it he wouldnt of gotten a ticket. I think a lot of times it depends on what officer approaches you and whether or not he has had a bad day.

S
Spydeyrch
rainbowfisherman said:
A lot of poeple fish for Steelhead with yarn balls. The weight of that would be similar to casting a dry fly. Hope they let you get on the river!

Yeah, I thought about that and it would probably fly (haha, pun intended) on something like the Wilson, but on the little creeks and streams where I am thinking, probably not because there are not any steelhead runs.

I sure hope that they let me on the river, that would be AWESOME!!!

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
fish4life said:
I know a guy who got a ticket trying to catch crawdads, he had a piece of bacon tied to the end of his fishing rod with no hook but since the water he was trying to catch crawdads from was closed for spawning fish he was written up the cop told him if he was using a trap or just a string with the bacon on it he wouldnt of gotten a ticket. I think a lot of times it depends on what officer approaches you and whether or not he has had a bad day.

Yeah, no joke!!! That is why I am hoping that I can get an OK to do this. Because at least I would then have the officer's name and number that gave me the ok, so I would be in the green ....... I hope!!!

-Spydey

W
waco
GungasUncle said:
Tualatin is closed till the end of may... but the Wilson would work fine. Or the Clack, or Sandy
You right i thought i saw the regulations before i posted but like always are confusing!!! :lol: