Alsea River fishing reports

S
steelhead1
Around six mi past tidewater,but there are fish all the the way up to deadline now.

M
master-baiter
nice i know where that is. I live at M.P-2. Shoot me a PM if you ever need some company fishing!

M
michigan_transplant
Went down trying to get some Salmon. Didn't see anyone getting any down low (around boundary road). I guess yesterday it was crazy hot. People hooking them all over down there. Worked my way to just below 5 rivers and started to see LOTS of fish moving through. Saw there was group of about 5 that were working a section of rapids just above me and they were hooking into them. Saw them fighting about 5 different fish. There is a lot of fish in there to be had, just none of them wanted my spinner offerings.

M
master-baiter
ya i hear yesterday was good. I went friday to boundry rd under the bridge. saw a few jump but no luck. Then trolled tidewater and some bobber fishing this morning. saw one caught in front of me. Im usually one day early or a day late.

S
steelhead1
master-baiter said:
ya i hear yesterday was good. I went friday to boundry rd under the bridge. saw a few jump but no luck. Then trolled tidewater and some bobber fishing this morning. saw one caught in front of me. Im usually one day early or a day late.

Just fish every day.Problem solved!

M
master-baiter
fished boundry rd today after work. Saw lots of fish surfacing as i was x-ing the bridge. Fished the big pool below the schute with no luck. Moved up above the rapids and almost pooped a twinkie when i saw how many fish were working their way up the rapids. There were A LOT of fish. No matter what i tried they literally just went around. Going to hit it up again either thurs or fri.

M
master-baiter
lots of fish at 5 rivers

S
steelhead1
DSC00350(1).jpgDSC00352(1).jpgDSC00351(1).jpg lots of fish in the river! got a few ho's,couple jacks, and a perty nook today.

Last edited:
S
steelhead1
you know the spot,its right by the tree with the moss,by the big sweeping turn.....:p

S
steelhead1
C&R a bunch of bright coho and got a nice nook for the smoker.What an awesome day to go fishing:D

S
steelheadstalker31
Nice fish.

E
ezdoesit
Still some bright fish in tide water. Wish I could put up the pictures...DOH !!!

Last edited:
M
michigan_transplant
anyone been down there lately and know what the river looks like?? was thinking of going this weekend and was curious if it was blown out with the rain.

C
Chedster
River gage says 3.55 ft, you should be good to go.

Hey Steelhead1, where are you putting in at? Might try to float this week if the weather cooperates.

Last edited:
M
michigan_transplant
went 0-1 down there. hooked up with one for about 10 minutes until i felt that sinking feeling of slack line and a hook flying back at you.

it was my first hook up using corky and yarn though, a real nice thrill.

tripped and fell while i was walking down river with it and put a hole in my waders though.....bummer

S
steelhead1
Chedster said:
River gage says 3.55 ft, you should be good to go.

Hey Steelhead1, where are you putting in at? Might try to float this week if the weather cooperates.

there is a launch at five rivers and at Ermie Walters.Both are free.However the (crappy)
ramp at Blackberry costs six bucks.I have a cabin on the river with private access.That is where we start (and pull out) when we run the 'toons

S
skunk
I love the river shot steelhead1, and nice nook!

S
steelhead1
skunk said:
I love the river shot steelhead1, and nice nook!
Thanks! It was sweet watching that fog roll down the river with coho jumping everywhere I looked:)

J
JeannaJigs
Went out with mike this last weekend in my boat and I think we pretty much dominated the river. Didn't see much other action going on near us but we hooked up probably in two days, close to 100 times. Lost count of fish landed. Lost several large chinook, and lost count of the ridiculous number of hos landed and lost. Literally were several doubles, and several first cast fish ons, or back to back casts producing some damn nice fish. To say that coho are endangered in this river, is a crock. I say close chinook and open it to 5 coho a year like has been done on other rivers, 'cause you can't keep the things off your line. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Seriously.

ho.jpg

nook1.jpg

ho4.jpg

ho3.jpg

ho2.jpg

24.jpg

21.jpg

20-1.jpg

nook2.jpg

C
Chedster
Dang nice job guys! Good to hear there are lots of fish in there, hopefully lots of winters flood the river soon:D What was the bait of choice?