Alsea River fishing reports

C_Run
C_Run
Check out "Alsea Kayak trip #2" under the salmon fishing section for some details

S
sidehillwinder
C_Run said:
Check out "Alsea Kayak trip #2" under the salmon fishing section for some details

Looked and read it NICE fish, good telling too.

S
sidehillwinder
Alsea's dropping nice. I figure the Coho will have entered the river first as they are not so deep as Chinook, and make it further upriver before they get confined to certain pools. The Kings will need deeper water so they will be not as high up as the Coho. The big boys & girls fish will be a little further downstream from the Coho.
Anybody down Alsea-way think the Cohos will make it as far Five Rivers since the river came up?

J
JeannaJigs
Yes.

E
ezdoesit
sidehillwinder said:
Alsea's dropping nice. I figure the Coho will have entered the river first as they are not so deep as Chinook, and make it further upriver before they get confined to certain pools. The Kings will need deeper water so they will be not as high up as the Coho. The big boys & girls fish will be a little further downstream from the Coho.
Anybody down Alsea-way think the Cohos will make it as far Five Rivers since the river came up?

Yep, while we are sleeping. Sneaky lil buggers. God bless them and the dedicated folks that take care of them for us.

S
sidehillwinder
ezdoesit said:
Yep, while we are sleeping. Sneaky lil buggers. God bless them and the dedicated folks that take care of them for us.

Yes sireebob. Indeed. Amen.

S
sidehillwinder
JeannaJigs said:

Miss Jigs. Thanks.:clap::dance::dance::dance:

S
sidehillwinder
To 5 Rivers I will go, 5 Rivers I will go, hi ho the dairyohh, to 5 Rivers will I go. I'm exited.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Have fun.

A
alseaalumaweld
looked to be lots on bankies yesterday all over. id get up about o dark 30 to get to 5rivers

S
sidehillwinder
alseaalumaweld said:
looked to be lots on bankies yesterday all over. id get up about o dark 30 to get to 5rivers

No doubt about that. Can't get there until tomorrow, so it will be packed. From Five Rivers boat ramp down to Tidewater is about 12 to 15 miles of river, right? Three campgrounds along the way. Wonder how many are still open.

R
RunWithSasquatch
sidehillwinder said:
No doubt about that. Can't get there until tomorrow, so it will be packed. From Five Rivers boat ramp down to Tidewater is about 12 to 15 miles of river, right? Three campgrounds along the way. Wonder how many are still open.

I dont know about 3 camp grounds. I think there is just Blackberry. With 3 county launches. And yes, blackberry is still open.

A
alseaalumaweld
i know blackberry. and 6 launches

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
i know blackberry. and 6 launches

Launches:

5 Rivers, Ermie Walters, Blackberry, Mike Bauer, Crusher , Hootenanny, Barclays. 7 total for the 5 rivers down. Could call it 8, because a lot of people take out at KozeKove while drifting the lower river.;)

I was thinking the 3 county ones he thought were camp grounds.

A
alseaalumaweld
i see people camp at mike bauer. when theres hot plunking to be done

J
JeannaJigs
The host guy at blackberry is a piece of work. Last year He got all kinds of bent out of shape that we parked my friends car on the highway and then used the boat ramp to take out at dark. Five minutes of use? Max...and he took our net hostage until we came back with $6 to pay the day use fee because neither of us had cash. Think it's retarded to pay 6 bucks to take out in the camping off season!

That is all.

R
RunWithSasquatch
JeannaJigs said:
The host guy at blackberry is a piece of work. Last year He got all kinds of bent out of shape that we parked my friends car on the highway and then used the boat ramp to take out at dark. Five minutes of use? Max...and he took our net hostage until we came back with $6 to pay the day use fee because neither of us had cash. Think it's retarded to pay 6 bucks to take out in the camping off season!

That is all.

He's got a weird mental issue.

He did tell me the opposite before though. Said that as long as I parked on the highway I didn't have to pay.

C
Combat Chuck
I should try and fish this river someday....

007.jpg
Oh look, I did!

R
RunWithSasquatch
very nice!

S
sidehillwinder
Sweet salmon!