Afternoon delight!

B
bigsteel
i got to skip out on work yesterday so me and lilsalmon hit up the little north fork,,,,,the water is really low so we had to find good water to find the fish,,,,,,i had a couple big ones chase my fly but they werent having it,,,,,,we caught a bunch of smaller rainbows,,,,,8 to 12 inch range.....fiesty little guys they are,,,caddis are crazy up there......fish on

G
GDBrown
That's what I have been finding on the Wilson the last few times I have been down there. Great fun, isn't it! I just bend the barbs down before I start and most flip OFF before I get them all the way in. Great practice for setting the hook with the 4wt and launching them over my head into the bushes!

GD

C
cwsmith
good work flyfishing! when i saw these i thought maybe you were on the deschutes but they just still have their parr marks. fun though!

Y
Yohan
Right on!
Next time you hit up the Little North send me a pm.
I'd love to join ya.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I did the same thing on the Salt on Saturday. What a great time. Little flies and little fish but they were hitting all day long. Biggest was about 10" but what a great time. I love fishing pocket water during low flow. Wet wading to keep cool. Makes for a fun afternoon. Thanks for the great post and great pics.

L
lilsalmon
It was a great day....I hiked way up the river and found a nice little hole...didn't find any big trout, tho. I caught about 10 small ones. This is one pic I got...the SAVE button on my cell kept eluding me...hehe. Was curious about the color of the fins....probably something simple but this little guy had some spunk in him. Took a quick pic so I wouldn't hurt him....

troutdude
troutdude
GDBrown said:
That's what I have been finding on the Wilson the last few times I have been down there. Great fun, isn't it! I just bend the barbs down before I start and most flip OFF before I get them all the way in. Great practice for setting the hook with the 4wt and launching them over my head into the bushes!

GD

OK. So, that is the fly fisherman's secret to Catch n' Release huh?! LOL

troutdude
troutdude
lilsalmon said:
It was a great day....I hiked way up the river and found a nice little hole...didn't find any big trout, tho. I caught about 10 small ones. This is one pic I got...the SAVE button on my cell kept eluding me...hehe. Was curious about the color of the fins....probably something simple but this little guy had some spunk in him. Took a quick pic so I wouldn't hurt him....

Here's the secret...

1/2 trout and...

1/2 carp! LOL

L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:
Here's the secret...

1/2 trout and...

1/2 carp! LOL

Thats the other threads....no carp talk here....:D

B
bigsteel
thanks guys,,,it was a fun day,,,bein out in the sun catchin a ton of small fish,,,,,,,

B
bigsteel
Yohan said:
Right on!
Next time you hit up the Little North send me a pm.
I'd love to join ya.

pm sent

N
nativefish
Color of fins

Color of fins

Im pretty sure that little guy is a brook trout thats why they are orange

L
lilsalmon
Thats what I was thinking too....thanks....sorry Dave for hijacking your thread

troutdude
troutdude
lilsalmon said:
Thats the other threads....no carp talk here....:D

Just my wry sense o' humor...and following a hi jacker's lead! ROTFL!