Advice needed - LTB Driftboat

G
Growbug
I already knew what that 'rocker' is on a boat... grin, but i dont know what all the rest of the angles and lines are called. Anyone know a diagram or something that i can learn from? like the angle of the sides in relation to the floor, etc.

G
Growbug
You know what? This whole process of "getting a drift boat" is worthy of a book in its own right.

But the book would be a little useless.

I have read almost every forum post on here, i-fish, etc, etc on "which material", then "which style", then... well you know what i mean.

Then i went out and looked at a few.... which led me straight back to "which style" etc, as the "material" question was soon answered.
Wood won - I almost got a tingle down my arm every time i fondled a wood boat. Got a different tingle when i touched an aluminum one... but when my palm stuck to the metal, i believe it was COLD.

But... I have now realized, from re-reading a lot of the forum posts now, that a lot of what i have just learned about selecting etc applies just to me!!

Different problems are now appearing..
Do i restore it?
What do i use for immediate repairs?
Should i scrape and re-do the bottom?

well again, you know what i am talking about.

Will get back with more pics later.. perhaps in a "yeah, i finally got Wood" thread.

D
DirectDrive
Growbug said:
I already knew what that 'rocker' is on a boat... grin,
Not any boat, a drift boat. You typically won't hear a sled described as having "rocker".
The other angles....for instance the sides.....that's flare. It creates buoyancy but too much drops the sides too low and puts the oarlocks in an unfavorable position.

What is the only drift boat with a "Clipper Stem" ?

G
Growbug
DirectDrive said:
What is the only drift boat with a "Clipper Stem" ?

I don't see a "Clipper Stem" so it can't be a Willie.
- from i-fish forum conversation..

so... erm.. Willie Boats? Other than that guess.. i have absolutely no idea..

D
DirectDrive
Growbug said:
- from i-fish forum conversation..

so... erm.. Willie Boats? Other than that guess.. i have absolutely no idea..

You have gained much wisdom, Grasshopper :D

Yes, Willie uses a subtle "clipper stem" effect that many are not aware of.
It combines with the other elements in his design to make the Willie look quite graceful.

No brag but I think that was my quote. Good find.

Last edited: