Advice for the Freeway ponds

kidholiday
kidholiday
I am thinking of heading to the freeway ponds out in Albany. How good is the bank access there? Also any advice on what to use there for the bass? I am thinking of throwing some senkos wacky and flick shake. Possibly a couple of stick baits at them too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
F
Finneus Polebender
kidholiday said:
I am thinking of heading to the freeway ponds out in Albany. How good is the bank access there? Also any advice on what to use there for the bass? I am thinking of throwing some senkos wacky and flick shake. Possibly a couple of stick baits at them too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

havent fished the freway ponds yet , hear good things, but this early we have most of our luck with spinner baits chartruse, red , and white , or combos of those colors seem to work best, dont get large numbers but can hook some large early birds when they do . gotta have enuff clear water to run them just above weed beds , we usually get choked out of using them by early april down here in the ponds
 
R
ryan808
the waters really brown right now. I went there last Saturday and come out with nadah. I never even bothered going to the back pond where I hear most of the fish is. Theres some bank access, but limited to a few spots in each pond. Hopefully the warmer weather we've been getting will give the fish an incentive to be more active.
 
kidholiday
kidholiday
Thanks for the info. I live in Wilsonville and wanted to know more before making the trip down there. Gotta save the gas money somehow.
 
R
ryan808
Im in Wilsonville too, and its difficult finding any places to fish with bank access and thats why I dont mind driving elsewhere to fish. Where do you fish around Wilsonville?
 
B
Bass Ackwards
ryan808 said:
Im in Wilsonville too, and its difficult finding any places to fish with bank access and thats why I dont mind driving elsewhere to fish. Where do you fish around Wilsonville?

I've always done alright at St. louis ponds in the spring and summer. And it is all bank access. I also heard Mission Crk. Res. in st. Paul is good for bass.
 
kidholiday
kidholiday
Mission looks good but if you don't get out to later in the spring it gets choked with moss. Was out at St Louis ponds yesterday and found that the moss has already taken over. Some people were catching trout but not many. I usually drive out to Hagg or I head to memorial park in Wilsonville and fish the dock that is there. I have quite a few bass just off of that dock. I would like to hit Fern Grove more or even the delta ponds.
 
kidholiday
kidholiday
If they could connect all of the ponds at St Louis and maybe do some dredging it would be an even better place to fish. That place could be made into an amazing warm water fishery!
 
F
Finneus Polebender
kidholiday said:
If they could connect all of the ponds at St Louis and maybe do some dredging it would be an even better place to fish. That place could be made into an amazing warm water fishery!

Have seen not fished those ponds , think you could be right . They have done a lot of work around delta will have to see how it impacts the fishing . no luck today as soon as the time is right will let ya know the trip would be worth it.
 
kidholiday
kidholiday
Thanks that would be greatly appreciated polebender.
 
F
Finneus Polebender
kidholiday said:
Thanks that would be greatly appreciated polebender.

No problem just have to wait a few short weeks then no matter what should be into the multiple fish days then we will have ya drive
 
S
simpsoti
My advice: Get a pontoon or small boat in the water so you can reach the 3rd pond which fishes the best but is most limited by access. Still pre-spawn now, stick to the plactics, finesse baits, drop shot rigs.
 

Similar threads

H
Replies
3
Views
595
bass
bass
I
Replies
5
Views
394
troutdude
troutdude
Old Cole
Replies
10
Views
614
Old Cole
Old Cole
BirdsFan302
Replies
8
Views
2K
helennelson
H
yearofthescud
Replies
15
Views
847
Troutski
Troutski
Top Bottom