A pontoon project!

L
lilsalmon
Nice job!!!!

F
fishindude
Great workmanship.:clap:Something to be proud of when you're on the water.

W
waco
GraphiteZen said:
WOW! Well done!! This thread has forced me to go back and re-evaluate everything about the purchase and set up of my own pontoon!! :shock:

In my opinion you made a GREAT choice of purchase, and, to me, your metal work on the frame is very impressive!! I have some rust showing up on the frame of my own toon, would you mind going into some detail about these paint types- basically why you chose the materials you did?

Great job!!
Thanks man!
What kind of pontoon you have?
After doing lots of research and talking to some people I guess what I used was the best for a non professional job!
I used the products from this brand! Rust-oleum

W
waco
Throbbit _Shane said:
Looking good waco. You should do a float some time with me and GraphiteZen.
I'm game! When?

W
waco
OnTheFly said:
Nice job Waco! You did your homework for the application. That boat and frame should last a very long time.:clap:

I hope so Jim!
I'm gonna be all over the clack and sandy! : yay:

T
Throbbit _Shane
waco said:
I'm game! When?

Winter Steelhead? I'm sure Combat Chuck would come in his toon too.

W
waco
Sounds good to me Shane! But didn't combat chuck sell his pontoon if not mistaken I thought he listed it here!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
waco said:
Sounds good to me Shane! But didn't combat chuck sell his pontoon if not mistaken I thought he listed it here!

He bought another one, which is exactly what I told him would happen. :D

O
OnTheDrop
Wow! Nice job man. Thats a piece of artwork! Ill be taking my 9fter to the Wilson here once it rains.. Feel free to come meet up with me. I swear I have some of the best days in the toons.

Tanner

D
desertbull
Waco!

VERY COOL clean up of this great unit!! LOVE THE PICS.

Tear it up!!

bass
bass
Wow you really did an awesome job! Thanks for the pictorial essay, I loved reading your post and I don't even own a pontoon.

W
waco
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Wow! Nice job man. Thats a piece of artwork! Ill be taking my 9fter to the Wilson here once it rains.. Feel free to come meet up with me. I swear I have some of the best days in the toons.

Tanner
I will definitely take you on that! I can't wait any longer for some rain man!

W
waco
bass said:
Wow you really did an awesome job! Thanks for the pictorial essay, I loved reading your post and I don't even own a pontoon.
Thanks Mr Bass!! It ended up better than I though it was going to get!!

O
OnTheDrop
waco said:
I will definitely take you on that! I can't wait any longer for some rain man!

Amen to that. Im starting to lose it mentally. Ha ha

C
ChezJfrey
You did a fantastic restoration job, waco. The frame looks great.

H
Hawk
Awesome Job. Well done, bro. :)

:clap::clap::cool:

I think i would have left the electric trolling motor mount on, though. Then use a trolling motor part of the time.

J
joesnuffy
The before and after shots are pretty impressive. Nice job.

W
waco
Hawk said:
Awesome Job. Well done, bro. :)

:clap::clap::cool:

I think i would have left the electric trolling motor mount on, though. Then use a trolling motor part of the time.
I though about it but I don't think I gonna use it and sometimes is just on the way! The first time I was on the pontoon I almost fall because of the stupid thing! ;)
joesnuffy said:
The before and after shots are pretty impressive. Nice job.
thanks man i though so too!