A frantic Friday the 13th!!

D
dozer365
What a great Friday the 13th!!
**Started out late today and packed two rods. Bobber and jig and my new lami x11 for throwing hardware.*
** I talked to a fly guy and gave a tube fly to him that bigboy tied up. He told me he had spotted 4 or 5 fish around and got one take. With high hopes I threw my bigboy tied nightmare jig out. *After running a few lanes and nothing but a bunch of green moss on my line to show. I throw out my go to chez inspired spoon and nothing!! *I thought that I'd gone too heavy in the sharpie being that it was still overcast at the time....*
** Well after a few more min I split for a job interview.*
** A few hours later, light fading, *and another job on my shoulders :) (I picked up a shift or two at my old job. So now I'll be doing both. Not much time for fishing now.....) there was time yet after my interview to fish.*
** I returned to the same stretch of water but from the Gladstone side. Id left everything but my rod in the car. Hiked down with my spoon rod and 1/3 oz spoon. No other stuff. Just planned on making a few cast and being done. Just wanted to smoke a cig and call it a job well done for the day.*
** *So I light my smoke and hop out on a likely rock. Make a cast or two and decide it's a bit shallow. Move down 30' feet or so and cast up stream. I have been back peddling with my spinning reel. Chezjfrey taught me this as well. Anywho... As it started to lift I back peddled fast and dropped it back to the bottom. It never ticked a rock or *anything, just stopped. *I started to reel back with suspicion....
**Head shake!! I quickly lift my rod at this point to set the hook if it wasn't already. I was fooled for a few seconds. Thought I had hooked a small summer steel.*
** After a few moment of not much resistance. It went into stubborn mode. Couldn't move this fish. Uttt oh... Salmon!!
**I set my drag down a bit when I actually felt the beast and set in for a good fight on 8 lbs leader. I got run up and down the river by this yet unseen fish.*
Had my line around a boulder. Had made it to the far bank and made my climb a bunch of logs.*
** It ended up being a 33" springer. Beautiful fish and an awesome fight. I'll tell yeah what though. I'd have loved that to be a 33" summer instead.*
**I'm normally always targeting summers when I hook these darn annoying springers lol. But maybe that's how I should be. I mean if I target springers. I won't catch either. *Back at it tomorrow.*
**What a great Friday the 13th. New job. New place to live and a fish!!! See u on the water

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent...

B
Big3d
Nice job. I was at riverside yesterday morning with nothing. As I was making my way out the fish recycling truck showed up and put fins in the water! Or I guess back in the water. Congrats on your springer!

E
eugene1
Good stuff, dozer!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
33" Springer on 8 lb leader, nicely done!

E
eugene1
Oh yeah, congrats on the new job too.

Best,

C
ChezJfrey
At dozer's request, here are pics of the fish

1402802128886.jpg
1402802134292.jpg

E
eugene1
Nice keeper nook! I was thinking it was a nate, but this is even better.

Best,

D
dozer365
ChezJfrey said:
At dozer's request, here are pics of the fish

Hey thanx buddy. I went to put them on and u had beat me to it.
Your turn tomorrow.

bass
bass
Nice report! Definitely showing some serious skill landing a nice fish like that on 8lb test.