A decent number over the falls!!!

J
JeannaJigs
I have a secret.

(a couple of those cinco de mayo chinook are gonna be a bloody mess all over the inside of my boat Sunday)

Shhh.

S
strawberry shortcake
The Umatilla is supposed to be filled with these monsters. I've looked at the counts. I've seen them in the water. I've heard them splash. I just can't catch them.

I lost two lures yesterday in that muddy, swollen, snag filled river. I watched a boat come in from the Columbia and take two guys lines and lures right off their rods. Will be trying again today further upriver, maybe near Echo. Will add worms to my arsenal. The skunkfest continues.

May 28th can't come soon enough.

M
markasd
Sooo - what is your take on whats up with the 'nooks coming over Willamette falls?

Seems like after the water came in to shape it shoulda busted loose? Doesn't look like the stacks of fish ODFW predicted? I understand the late start of the run an all - sheesh they're just trickling over..

Any ho - curious as to what other may be thinking?

R
RunWithSasquatch
I think the run will be okay. It really didn't start coming over until 2-3 weeks "Late" so the big push of fish should be 2-3 weeks "late". I think by the end of this next week, if we dont get 1000-2000 fish a day to start coming that lasts for a week straight, then we will have a **** run. I dont think we are gonna hit there 100k

M
markasd
I have a hard time seeing over 100k predicted.. sure hope it gets rollin'!

Heard some talk of the fish in the lower river turning around and running up the big river... I'm sure a few did by now.