A day at Foster Lk. 5/3

plumbertom
plumbertom
Dragged my little boat out to foster this morning. Not too early, so got on the water at 8:30 as planned.
Started out across the water and after a few minutes my motor started cutting out.
But it was idling okay in gear, so we putted around and did our fishing as planned.
We were actually trying to find yellow perch. Never did locate any schools, but we did find a fish here and there.
Total for the day was 3 yellow perch and two trout.I feel that's not too bad for starting out blind on new water.
Now I have a project on my hands. Have to check those carbs again and see if they need cleaning once more.

Reactions: troutdude
gramparon
gramparon
were you trolling for perch?

gramparon
gramparon
Do you fill the boat tank from a gas can or the gas station?

plumbertom
plumbertom
We weren't trolling.
Just slowly putting from place to place while watching the finder for indications of fish and structure. Even though I don't know how well yellow perch relate to structure. We were just using pieces of crawler on a #6 hook with a split shot and bouncing it along the bottom.

plumbertom
plumbertom
gramparon said:
Do you fill the boat tank from a gas can or the gas station?
Fresh from the station.
I don't store gas at home.
Whatever the problem is, I'll find it once I start looking for it.
I'm just procrastinating because I have other projects in the planning stage with little space to work on them. In order to work on the boat, I need to get it out of the storage yard and park under my carport awning, so I have my tools close at hand. But when I do that, I can't keep it there overnight, so it has to go back to storage every evening.
I'm also lazy. But I'll likely get to it sometime in the coming week.
It's not as if I haven't dealt with gummed up carbs before.
Not only have I owned boats for more than 30 years, I've also owned a good number of Triumph motorcycles, among others, several of which I bought after sitting for years.

D
DonF
Gummed up card on my 20hp Honda last year. Shop suggested it was caused by condensation. Now when I park the boat I make sure the boat tank is full of gas. Also durning the winter I run the motor several times a month fo a while.

Reactions: plumbertom