#8 Cascade Blade

#8 Cascade Blade

• Ya, I man enough to wrassel big fish..bring it on!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Nah, I'm happy with whats currently available.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
K
Kodiak
Anyfishisfine said:
So far just bank-fishing the Sandy and Clack, but I could see myself trying out the coastal streams as well. I'm very much a beginner with one springer under my belt. I'm still building my basic tool set for it, and it's missing any spinners.

Flame red, pink, candy pink, green, candy flame. Those seem to be the key colors for almost all the willamette trib fish, and work on the sandy too.

A
Anyfishisfine
Kodiak said:
Flame red, pink, candy pink, green, candy flame. Those seem to be the key colors for almost all the willamette trib fish, and work on the sandy too.

Thanks!

K
Kodiak
Fisherman tested..FISH APPROVED!

Fisherman tested..FISH APPROVED!

I did a couple of #8's for a buddy of mine to run on a trip last week and was waiting to see what happened before commiting to production of the #8 cascade...here is what he hadd to say....
Hey Phil,

These were the HOT spinners of the trip!!! Outfished the other spinners about 2 to 1.

I almost cried when I lost the Orange one. It was super hot but I lost it on the second day. The chartreuse was still hot, but not as good as the orange one.

I'll write something up after a while.

We got 44, 38, 34 fish each day, then 21 on the last 1/2 day.

TW (Terry Wiest, Steelhead University)

J
Johnny Southpaw
Kodiak I would surely buy a few of those # 8's to try out; if they're as versatile as you describe them, and you're able to fish them effectively from the .5-3 mph I would think that's pretty unique trait which, in addition to the endorsements you've already received from osmo and terry wiest (credible fish killers), makes them worthy of the risk that taking it to production stage entails. You can justify the cost if they consistently outfish your average store-bought spinner by a 2-1 ratio or better (assuming that the person using them knows how/where to fish them). Now would the $8 be for just the blade or an already assembled spinner with the 8blade?

K
Kodiak
Johnny Southpaw said:
Kodiak I would surely buy a few of those # 8's to try out; if they're as versatile as you describe them, and you're able to fish them effectively from the .5-3 mph I would think that's pretty unique trait which, in addition to the endorsements you've already received from osmo and terry wiest (credible fish killers), makes them worthy of the risk that taking it to production stage entails. You can justify the cost if they consistently outfish your average store-bought spinner by a 2-1 ratio or better (assuming that the person using them knows how/where to fish them). Now would the $8 be for just the blade or an already assembled spinner with the 8blade?

The whole shooting match...single blades would be around 2.75 ea. or so, depending on metal prices.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Kodiak said:
The whole shooting match...single blades would be around 2.75 ea. or so, depending on metal prices.

I see. Yeah, I'd certainly try a few out. Still risky to take to production but I believe life without risk yields little reward, I say go for it man! You'll never know unless you try. Just think, TCO spinners could replace all those blue foxes at bi-mart, which I know you love so much:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Q
qwapaw
I know you are testing them in the tribs of the willy, but I only fish the souther half of the state for Chinook. I would like to get a couple and I could give you a report on how they worked in the Siuslaw in late September when we go for 3 days. Usually 2 days of fishing and then 1 day of crabbing. We have caught fish on the Charteuse Rainbow Spinner for a couple of years now, Yoours should be as good or better. I am glad you are testing them on real fish. I have been told that most colors are for the fishermen not the fish. Thanks, I'll be in touch. Dan U

S
steelhead_stalkers
Like a smart man said one time, when you are using quickfish you can use any color as long as its chartreuse and silver! :lol: For salmon I think color is very important and steelhead at times.

K
Kodiak
qwapa, stalker>>> Every color I run on my blades has a time and purpose. Some are better in lower bays, some in the upper, some mid. Different water temps, cloudy versus sunny, they all have a place...I have a chart. green and nickle (sick chicken) that is one of the few nickle blades run that a couple of years ago was murder, then just quit working. water temp dropped and I went to the chart yellow and nickle (thunder chicken) because it was slightly cooler water temps and it made a difference. some guys wonder why i have so many colors and think you only need a few. My only response is there are so many conditions you need at least three of everything.:D Collect them all today!

Top Bottom