5 fish on

M
mastercaster
Had a real fun day yesterday my uncle and I hit the water at first light . About my third drift (eggs) wham fish on fought it for a good five min got it the bank a time or two but it was still full of fight couldnt seal the deal had it on to long and the hook worked loose lost it. Maybe 5 min later uncle hooks up for a heck of a 10 min battle we both end up in the prone position in the mud trying to net the fish but we get it done one on the bank . We move on down wham I hook up again #6 hook with a pink worm fish goes ballistic and spits the hook in seconds . Fish 3 I actually hook and land 2 on the bank sweet . fish 4 gets hooked goes insane and snaps my leader . I went 1 for 4 but had a blast Uncle was 1 for 1 . We always catch hens but yesterday was all bucks does anyone else think the bucks are stronger harder fighting fish ? MC :)

• SDC10134.jpg
Last edited:
J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice report. Hooking 5 fish on an outing is pretty damn good in my estimation! I would agree that the Bucks tend to have a little more fight in 'em, although hens can still make the drag sing!! Either way, Buck or Hen, gotta love those chrome domes!

R
rippin fish lips
Nice report man! I Love Catching Bucks!! I think they fight harder personally, but then again... That is a hard one to fight because the hens.... Are feisty to!! I think the hens like to dig a little more and kinda roll, while the bucks tent to Thrash everywhere and jump everywhere every 10 feet the go, and their head shakes and takes.. are savage!

K
Kevinb5688
I agree that bucks seem to jump more and seem more agressive on the take. Nice fish man, sounds like a fun day.

A
alm21
Nice work, sounds like an exciting day!