2014 Tuna trip video

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'm going through some videos from this summer and this is one of my favorites. We came across a huge tuna boil which you will see in the video. The captain went up on the deck with a spinning rod and a swim bait. He realized he needed to get back down and manage the direction of the vessel so he called me up to take the rod. Near the end I hooked a tuna on a swim bait only to find out that it had about 70 yards of 30lb line. The video ends before I got it in but I did land it. Overall we have 4 fish on in this 6 minute video.

The conditions were absolutely perfect that day. If you ever want a comfortable trip on a 42' yacht, check out Captain Stan and The Persistence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbKaolKnDEk

M
mikeredding
Awesome, absolutely awesome. I can't wait for July.

C_Run
C_Run
Nice day out there. If I could count on those conditions, I'd go, but I always end up too C_Sick when I go out on the ocean. Thanks for posting that.

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like fun. But, I had to stop watching it after 2 minutes...cuz I was getting C-Sick!!!

<insert the voice of Fred Rogers here...> "can you say heave ho boys n' girls? Sure; I knew you could".

jamisonace
jamisonace
Light weight...lol

troutdude said:
Looks like fun. But, I had to stop watching it after 2 minutes...cuz I was getting C-Sick!!!

<insert the voice of Fred Rogers here...> "can you say heave ho boys n' girls? Sure; I knew you could".

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. That's me alright. My BIL and I got close to the Nehalem Bar once; and I had him turn it around! I'm the kid that, never went on any Carnival rides.

jamisonace
jamisonace
mikeredding said:
Awesome, absolutely awesome. I can't wait for July.
Me too. It's easily my favorite trip of the year.

M
mikeredding
troutdude said:
I'm the kid that, never went on any Carnival rides.

Me too!!
But you guys know how much I fish the ocean. I pretty much live on extra strength Dramamine from April to October.