2011 opener does not disappoint !

F
Finneus Polebender
Thanks to TR got this years bass season off early and big! Ryan hit the most, we had to work at it but they were there and a beautiful afternoon too ! Heres the pics....

T
Throbbit _Shane
WOW!!!!

Nice bass guys

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455
wow! those are some ncie bass fp i figured someone would go bass fishing with this good weather we are having.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Thinkin you and Colby will want to try this place this spring! You both still have the invite !

were gonna have to start making plans soon! i also want to fish that pond by moms house in eugene

looks like we both had good first trips of the year but mine was for steelhead

C
colbypearson
my first trip was at shasta in a tournament got 3rd place followed by a 2nd place not too bad for me either haha

F
Finneus Polebender
Sounds like the start of a very good year , and fish 4 trophy ditch pickles we will!!! Several awesome private and public places await your swim baits!!!! Oh and that time of year is soon upon us !!!!

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job guys! There are some nice Bass!

A
adambomb
what works well this time of year? plastic worms? spinners?

T
Throbbit _Shane
In a couple of the pictures you can see the bait hanging outside the bass's mouth. Looks like swimbaits to me

C
colbypearson
what works well this time of year? plastic worms? spinners?

if you have a kick butt private pond i would tie that on :lol::lol:, if not then go super slow with jigs, and other slow moving baits soft baits will work occasionally also just go SLOOOOW

A
adambomb
if you have a kick butt private pond i would tie that on :lol::lol:, if not then go super slow with jigs, and other slow moving baits soft baits will work occasionally also just go SLOOOOW

Gotcha, thanks Colby. I get to fish a private lake sometimes, maybe I can talk my buddy into letting us fish when I convince him with this thread!! I knew that bass bit well into the fall, but I never knew they could be fished with such success in the dead of winter!

Raincatcher
Holy fat fish in da bucket,:shock: those are purdy!! Way to go guys! :clap:

S
SwimbaitBassin
.In a couple of the pictures you can see the bait hanging outside the bass's mouth. Looks like swimbaits to me

Looks like an Osprey or a 3:16 line through...nice fish..i live in Springtuck would love to check out your pond sometime..i have a 10.5 ft "basstender" that works great on small ponds..

M
Moe
Great FAT fish!!

T
tomriker
i told FP when we he got here yesterday "i sure hope we don't get skunked" 5 minutes on the boat and he'd already caught one lol good job yesterday. my excuse for not catching anything was that i was in the back of the boat, so i was getting the water that'd been fished twice already by the time i would cast

R
ryan808
I caught mine off Jigs and a senk, FP just killed them with hiw swimbait. Thanks again TR, next time you need to drive the boat backwards so you get the first dibs

F
Finneus Polebender
I caught mine off Jigs and a senk, FP just killed them with hiw swimbait. Thanks again TR, next time you need to drive the boat backwards so you get the first dibs

Or just let one of us drive LOL think it would look like this ... with topwater baits everywhere . Think I can tell ya take Colbys advise vewy ,vewy ,vewy slow is what worked all day , on what Ryan said.

F
Finneus Polebender

That could be arranged some time providing you can play by a few rules . I am out of town for a couple more weeks workin hoping to be back here fishing often by feb 1 will drop you a PM when I get back and set up a fishin day.

T
TTFishon
Damn.....Nice fish guys!!!