1st walleye for me

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
A friend called yesterday and wanted to troll for walleye from about 6 til dark. I'd never fished for walleye so I was excited to give it a try. Beautiful evening on the lake, a few cooperative fish and dinner will be served in a few hours.

It's not very often I get to catch a "new to me" species.

We ended up with 7. My friend only wanted 2 so I gave him the two biggest. Size range was from 14" to 20".

20210630_090437.jpg

DOKF

DOKF

Nice catch! Walleye are fun to fish for.

Chromatose

Chromatose

Some Good Eats there!

O

Orgwayne

A friend called yesterday and wanted to troll for walleye from about 6 til dark. I'd never fished for walleye so I was excited to give it a try. Beautiful evening on the lake, a few cooperative fish and dinner will be served in a few hours.

It's not very often I get to catch a "new to me" species.

We ended up with 7. My friend only wanted 2 so I gave him the two biggest. Size range was from 14" to 20".
Me and my buddy fishing below DuBay dam , central Wis , each had 24 minnows, and we each catch 24 walleyes !! 12-22 inches . bobber and a minnow, throw out, get a fish
over and over , we each kept 2 bigger ones , and gave to a old couple who where using cane poles !! late Sept 1969 !! , after all these years of fishing I have done, that is still the best late afternoon fishing I have ever done
Wayne

plumbertom

plumbertom

I've yet to kook up a walleye.
I've been to LPR a few times intending to give it a try but the wind there is something else.
and the one time I got on the water with my little boat, I suffered a breakdown while crossing the lake to get to where it had been recommended I try.
I have a few walleye spinner rigs or worm rigs or whatever they are called. And I have a number of bottom bouncer weights.
But even if I get on the water, It'll just be best guess and by golly as to how to actually use any of what I have.

S

Snopro

It's an acronym, like LBC. The R for reservoir.

S

Snopro

It's possible people are intentionally not saying so it doesn't come up in direct searches.

Using my admittedly weak google fu I quickly figured it out. There is only one body of water in Oregon I know of, first word starts with L, second word starts with P, last word is Reservoir.

DOKF

DOKF

Sounds like the walleye have successfully out competed the pikeminnows there.

Top Bottom