1st try at the Kokes

M

madura

After a failed attempt to gt to fourmile lake the family decided to hit Lake of the woods. Launched around 9:30 and headed for deeper water. Metered fish at 28-30ft and spread all over with a water temp of 59. Ran a shasta dodger with a homemade wedding ring and a white gulp maggot on the down rigger to 30 ft. Ran another rig with a flasher and homemade rig and a white maggot with 1oz to keep it down. Pretty consistant action until 3:00 when the bite shut down. Managed 12 fish for 3 ppl so i can't complain, all the fish were 10-14 inches. This kokanee thing is actually kinda fun gonna have to try it again.

Remember...... Take a kid fishing

C

Cannon

Sounds like the fish at Lake of the Woods are getting some size to them. Last I heard they were in the six to eight inch range. Once you get hooked on Kokanee, you will turn your nose up at trout.
After a failed attempt to gt to fourmile lake the family decided to hit Lake of the woods. Launched around 9:30 and headed for deeper water. Metered fish at 28-30ft and spread all over with a water temp of 59. Ran a shasta dodger with a homemade wedding ring and a white gulp maggot on the down rigger to 30 ft. Ran another rig with a flasher and homemade rig and a white maggot with 1oz to keep it down. Pretty consistant action until 3:00 when the bite shut down. Managed 12 fish for 3 ppl so i can't complain, all the fish were 10-14 inches. This kokanee thing is actually kinda fun gonna have to try it again.

Remember...... Take a kid fishing

M

madura

Took the kokes we caught off the smoker lastnight and its official... im hooked. Hadnt ever tried it before and now I understand what all the excitement is about.

J

jameshenrique123

It seems that you had great fun while fishing and even had good luck for the second time fishing as you finally got the fish to be caught. Your lunch might be tasty too.

C

capblack

what are trout?
Sounds like the fish at Lake of the Woods are getting some size to them. Last I heard they were in the six to eight inch range. Once you get hooked on Kokanee, you will turn your nose up at trout.

T

twisted lines

Thanks for the post, had to check it out for myself, and I lost a (Lot) of fish today.......TL

C

Caveman

I have been a trout fisherman all my life and never really understood all the excitment about Kokanee fishing cuz most of them I have ever seen are pretty small. A buddy of mine is sold on Koke fishin though and he wants me start going after them with him. Guess I will have to give it a shot and see if I get hooked too...

Top Bottom