10lb Oregon Bass??

C
Coastaldweller
Im speechless......
Well done

F
fishfry
:clap: Congrats congrats congrats! Very nice bass. I've been missing getting into some bass since moving back to Oregon from Missouri two years ago (have enjoyed the trout again though). My favorite lures there were the 7" berkley power worms on a texas rig and topwater frogs. What's working down this way? Would love to get back into some. Any tips would be appreciated. Once again, BEAUTIFUL fish!

C
colbypearson
fishfry said:
:clap: Congrats congrats congrats! Very nice bass. I've been missing getting into some bass since moving back to Oregon from Missouri two years ago (have enjoyed the trout again though). My favorite lures there were the 7" berkley power worms on a texas rig and topwater frogs. What's working down this way? Would love to get back into some. Any tips would be appreciated. Once again, BEAUTIFUL fish!

thanks for the comment dude!! all the same stuff works some of the best baits to get into the oregon bass game would be power worms, senkos, any types of worms or creatures, trick worms, beavers, brushhogs etc...... those are the best ways to get on fish when you get to the point you want to get the biggest bass use a swimbait or a jig those are my favorites.

C
colbypearson
Coastaldweller said:
Im speechless......
Well done

thanks, i hope to have more in store, but for me im focusing on tourny time i will be at shasta this weekend competing in the biggest tournament i have fished all year, gotta get mentally prepared haha.

F
fishfry
K ty. So would something like a floating jointed rapala work? Fished either topwater or twitch and pause? I've seen some big ol hawgs in the river by where I live but haven't really tied into the big ones here so would like to start learning how to work them here. I've found it's allot different fishing this river for bass than the lakes, ponds and reservoirs up in Missouri.

C
colbypearson
fishfry said:
K ty. So would something like a floating jointed rapala work? Fished either topwater or twitch and pause? I've seen some big ol hawgs in the river by where I live but haven't really tied into the big ones here so would like to start learning how to work them here. I've found it's allot different fishing this river for bass than the lakes, ponds and reservoirs up in Missouri.

ya my best freind lives in klamath, topsy has good bass fishing in spring and summer and fall, lost river has nice bass, gerber has some pigs in it and dog lake out there by lakehead is a personaly favorite fun fishing destination!!! im sure theres more and you have howard prairie and hyatt not super far either lake of the woods is a killer fishery as well, and jointed rapalas can knock em dead at most of those places especially at lake of the woods right along docks etc...!

O
OnTheFly
Move ohva rohva and let Colby take ohva! Nice fish! Eat your heart out FB!:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go!

Way to go!

Colby;
You are headed for the record books and you've only just begun! :D I really hope we're still on this forum during the next ten years to track your success. :dance: You are a kick arse kind of fisher folk! :clap::clap:

F
Finneus Polebender
OnTheFly said:
Move ohva rohva and let Colby take ohva! Nice fish! Eat your heart out FB!:D

Think you meant me and ya buddy told ya the master was settin us up like bowling pins! Its only double the size of my best this year!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice pig-hawg-donk there Colby! Hell of a bucketmouth! Good job!

B
Bass Ackwards
WOW! That's nuts!

H
Hawk
GRreat Job BRo...

'thar she blows'

You got ""Moby Dick"".

Very Beautiful HAWG thar.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:
:dance::dance::dance:

C
ChezJfrey
Finneus Polebender said:
Think you meant me and ya buddy told ya the master was settin us up like bowling pins! Its only double the size of my best this year!

Hehehe, and 3x the size of my best this year!

That bass is huge, man! Nice going.

And thanks to both colby and ryan808 for mentioning that Neko rig in the other thread...that looks real workable to me and I plan to give it a try.

H
Hawk
Bro Colby, did you kiss her?

I Always do..
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

F
Fish-N-Fool
Nice fish!!! although it doesn't really look 10 pounds in the picture, but digital scales don't lie. That beats my P.B. by a pound & 1/4. But here in N. Idaho bass that size are few and far between.
So where and how did you catch her? Just goes to show yah, girls can catch fish too.

F
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool said:
Nice fish!!! although it doesn't really look 10 pounds in the picture, but digital scales don't lie. That beats my P.B. by a pound & 1/4. But here in N. Idaho bass that size are few and far between.
So where and how did you catch her? Just goes to show yah, girls can catch fish too.

Sorry, I just watched one of your u tube videos and I guess your not a girl. LOL All i can say is "Dude get a hair cut"!!!! LOL and growing a little peach fuzz might help too.

V
viento
Call the zoo, and see if they would set up a display tank for
the various native HAWGs that the forum might be able to supply.
It might cut in to the lions/tigers food share, but life is hard. I'd
pay $$$ to visit the HAWGs tank! :cool:

P
Phil_Bud
WOW! thats a st8 hawg! Goin pro bud!

C
ChezJfrey
viento said:
Call the zoo, and see if they would set up a display tank for
the various native HAWGs that the forum might be able to supply.
It might cut in to the lions/tigers food share, but life is hard. I'd
pay $$$ to visit the HAWGs tank! :cool:

You know what? So would I!

C
colbypearson
Fish-N-Fool said:

unfortunately i was alone so i had a hard time getting the whole fish in the camera, it was 25" in length and very fat on trout, more girth than a proportional length largemouth would have like i say its the body of a 9 with a belly with what i would assume is 3-4 stocker trout, double weighed her on the newer of my two berkley scales to make sure first time was 10-2, 2nd time was 10-5. and for the other comment its ok i used to get that somewhat often.....