B
bd2cool
Air Temp at 8:00—40 Degrees
Water Temp—41 Degrees
Air Temp at 1:00—43 Degrees
Water Level—85.96 below full
Boat ramp in in good shape

What a good morning at LookOut.
I started by rigging one rod with a gold spoon and the other one with flasher and a wedding ring/worm.
I decided to troll down toward the dam on the Lowell side of the lake.
Within 5 minutes I has a fish on with the gold spoon-Chinook.
After another 20 minutes a second Chinook on the gold spoon with two strikes that didn't hookup.
I took off the rigging on the second rod and replace it with a gold spoon and the fun was on.

I got so many hits that I lost count by the time I hit the dam.
I did keep 5 Chinooks but I know I released 10 plus that number.
They was hitting fast and hard.
I got two double header!!

The weather was nice until about 11:30-the air got colder and low clouds/fog started to move in.
I didn't get any rain until after I had left the lake and was on my way home.
The lake is truly beautiful at this time of the year-snow cap mountains and little water falls are every where-just need to remember to look around and to be thankful that we live in such a wonderful state.

Awesome! Another great day on the lake. Thanks for sharing.

Nice yeah we do have it good round here. That top looks good on your boat. Any size to those nooks?

Two Ten inches that was hook deep,one 11,12 and a nice hard fighting 13 and half inches.

I don't like keeping fish below 11 inches but if they are hook deep I will.

Boat Ramp Location needed .......

Boat Ramp Location needed .......

I have put in up at Hampton, last year. Where can you put a boat in now?

Signal Point on the North Shore road-just pass mile post 6.

:)
bd2cool said:
Signal Point on the North Shore road-just pass mile post 6.

Thankyou bd2cool for the great help. Hope to fish Lookout soon. Tight lines buddy.......Fred

You are welcome-when you used Hampton did you have any Luck?

:)
bd2cool said:
You are welcome-when you used Hampton did you have any Luck?

I went from Hampton Landing west along Highway 58 trolling and hooked a few trout. Using my fishfinder, I located a spot that looked good for crappie hookups. I did manage to bring several up jigging. Nice size to them also. It is quite a fishery. Tight Lines, Fred

It is quite a fishery
Yes it is-In the past I have caught Rainbows, LandLock Chinooks, Bass, Crappie
all on the same day.
Not very often but it is a blast when it happens.
I have alos heard rumors of Walleyes and Sturgeons but I have not seen them myself.

bd2cool said:
Air Temp at 8:00—40 Degrees
Water Temp—41 Degrees
Air Temp at 1:00—43 Degrees
Water Level—85.96 below full
Boat ramp in in good shape

What a good morning at LookOut.
I started by rigging one rod with a gold spoon and the other one with flasher and a wedding ring/worm.
I decided to troll down toward the dam on the Lowell side of the lake.
Within 5 minutes I has a fish on with the gold spoon-Chinook.
After another 20 minutes a second Chinook on the gold spoon with two strikes that didn't hookup.
I took off the rigging on the second rod and replace it with a gold spoon and the fun was on.

I got so many hits that I lost count by the time I hit the dam.
I did keep 5 Chinooks but I know I released 10 plus that number.
They was hitting fast and hard.
I got two double header!!

The weather was nice until about 11:30-the air got colder and low clouds/fog started to move in.
I didn't get any rain until after I had left the lake and was on my way home.
The lake is truly beautiful at this time of the year-snow cap mountains and little water falls are every where-just need to remember to look around and to be thankful that we live in such a wonderful state.
man bd i wish i had the lakes like you do down there ( i grew up in springfield) i would be at so many spots fishing right lately... hurry up summer !!! Up hear the lakes are abit of a drive if they close..YESS U hagg lol

If ur looking for a close lake up in that are. I think there is a lake called lost lake. I heard its very small, too small for a boat. But i believe i heard its open all year. Check the regs though if you do go because im not completely sure. Hope this helps a little!

i want to go to harriet, but i do not know for sure if it is open to motors, i have heard from people both ways... and i looked online that it is a no go... it is a distance and not worth the risk of driving to it if it is not

I have no idea. Would it be frozen over this time of year? I thought someone on the forum said the roads stay open because pge hass to check the dam. But maybe im thinking of a different lake up around that area.

man bd i wish i had the lakes like you do down there ( i grew up in springfield) i would be at so many spots fishing right lately... hurry up summer !!! Up hear the lakes are abit of a drive if they close..YESS U hagg lol

Well come on down!
I will get the coffee ready.

Go to your local boaat dealer and get the book that they give out for boating regs. It has the rules for most bodies of water.

Great Job Bro. You had FUN'S

:lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool:

:clap::clap:

Beautiful pics

Yesterday at 4:28 P.M. i felt a slight shake from an EarthQuake. I guess the epicenter was off shore from Eureka. 6.4 magnitude i think they said.

Makes me wonder if all those Sea Lions might have sensed something & that is why they left San Francisco Bay to go to Florence, Oregon caves, after being in the Bay for 20 years or so ??

:rolleyes:

Birds and animals are much more in touch with the earth then we are.
If they are acting strange then something is up.
My dad had a coon dog that could tell the weather better then any news forecaster that I ever saw.
If he would not go out a bad storm was coming no matter what the weather report said.

Hawk said:
Yesterday at 4:28 P.M. i felt a slight shake from an EarthQuake. I guess the epicenter was off shore from Eureka. 6.4 magnitude i think they said.

Makes me wonder if all those Sea Lions might have sensed something & that is why they left San Francisco Bay to go to Florence, Oregon caves, after being in the Bay for 20 years or so ??

:rolleyes:

HMMMMMM that is interesting I guess now they know...

Back
Top Bottom