Winter time jig fishing for Oregon bass!

C
colbypearson
I am making weekly videos this year, hoping they can liven up the bass forums here at OFF!

Enjoy!

Reactions: billfisher
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Moved to Fishing Video forum. :hi:

C_Run
C_Run
Nice informative video. I hope I can put that to use some time though I haven't done a lot of bass fishing yet. Looking forward to more.

B
billfisher
Nice presentation Colby. Do you mainly target small mouth in thee winter? I ask because you say to target rock. It would also be nice to have a longer look at your different baits. Thanks for the video and trying to perk up this forum. Looking forward to you upcoming videos!

C
colbypearson
billfisher said:
Nice presentation Colby. Do you mainly target small mouth in thee winter? I ask because you say to target rock. It would also be nice to have a longer look at your different baits. Thanks for the video and trying to perk up this forum. Looking forward to you upcoming videos!

I actually fish largemouth 90% of the time during the winter!

I'll post a photo of some good Winter bait selections possibly later tonight!

Thanks!

J
JimmyBiscuits
This is a great video, Colby! Can't wait for the next one. I know you fish a lot of swimbaits and I'd be interested to know about what point during the season you start employing those.

Also--being from the Midwest--I have no handle on spawning times here (either for largemouth or smallies). It would seem like the conventional wisdom around the relationship of water temp to the spawn do no apply in this part of the country. What temps do you see fish spawning at? I've talked to some guys who have said that some warm water species will spawn multiple times a year in this climate. Is that also true of bass?