Winter plunking at Meldrum?

Z
ZeeBorn
Just wondering if anyone is plunking for winters at Meldrum Bar? I'm looking for some close fishing to do before work in the mornings. I have only ever fished there for springers and summers so I don't know if there is much of a winter seen.
Thanks guys,
Nate

H
Herefishyfishy
All I know is that people do plunk for and catch winters there.

K
Keith
Yes indeed.

Still a little early...

S
SINKER STEVE
zeeborn said:
just wondering if anyone is plunking for winters at meldrum bar? I'm looking for some close fishing to do before work in the mornings. I have only ever fished there for springers and summers so i don't know if there is much of a winter seen.
Thanks guys,
nate

they are fishing every day now. Last week a 18 pound wild fish was cought and a 35 inch hat. Fish.

Z
ZeeBorn
Cool, thanks guys! Looks like I'll be checking that out soon. I gotta get over this stupid cold first though, can't really be getting up any earlier than I have to. Anyone have any recommendations for gear size, colors or bate?

A
Airs98
Yeah, I am wondering myself what bait to use there. I know in the summer coon shrimp is the what everybody uses for steelhead, not sure about winter fish.

J
JKham
Airs98 said:
Yeah, I am wondering myself what bait to use there. I know in the summer coon shrimp is the what everybody uses for steelhead, not sure about winter fish.

Spin n glow with the usual; eggs, coon or sand shrimp seems to always do the trick. Some days they're hitting on sand shrimp then another days it's eggs, you just never know.

S
SINKER STEVE
Small spin n glows, coon shrimp or prawns and 5 or 6 oz weight. Lots of trash fish that love eggs. FISH CLOSE TO SHORE

Z
ZeeBorn
Sounds good. I'll let you guys know how I do when I go.

Y
youngbuck307
they kinda said it all go with a size or 2 smaller spin and glow then you do for springers.... coons are a great bait for steel though.