What type of saltwater fishing interests you?

What type of saltwater fishing interests you?

• Halibut

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Tuna

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Salmon

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Bottomfish

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Shark

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Irishrover
Irishrover
I use downriggers to get down deep too. I switched to braided line on them a couple of years ago. I got tired of the noise the cable made in the water. It's a lot of fun when a fish nails a rod set on the downrigger.

M
mikeredding
Irishrover said:
I use downriggers to get down deep too. I switched to braided line on them a couple of years ago. I got tired of the noise the cable made in the water. It's a lot of fun when a fish nails a rod set on the downrigger.

I just changed mine to braid last week. I am excited to hear the difference. With any kind of luck, we will be able to pick up a couple of 'buts on the 22nd and then troll for salmon on the way in!!!!

J
JustMe
I voted for tuna. I love the fight, especially some of the line-ripping runs they will do. As it says in my profile, I am in San Diego (for now) and am really looking forward to our tuna season. Some of the 2-day and longer charters are catching bluefin tuna up to 90 pounds, they should be in 1-day range soon. The projected El Niño should push the albacore in closer and when the water warms up the yellowfin here too. But there's no salmon and our species of halibut are much smaller.

M
mikeredding
JustMe said:
I voted for tuna. I love the fight, especially some of the line-ripping runs they will do. As it says in my profile, I am in San Diego (for now) and am really looking forward to our tuna season. Some of the 2-day and longer charters are catching bluefin tuna up to 90 pounds, they should be in 1-day range soon. The projected El Niño should push the albacore in closer and when the water warms up the yellowfin here too. But there's no salmon and our species of halibut are much smaller.

Thanks for the input. I know a lot of us are hoping for some pelegics in closer this year with the El Nino. Last year the Albacore were a minimum of 50 miles out all summer.

C
Camaro
It's been a dream of mine to catch a shark!!!

E
Eric
hay guys new to the forums:) i would say black snapper and lingcod but its not in the polls. so i will go with bottom fish!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Lings, baby!!!

C
coyo7e
I'd love to take home halibut, tuna or bottomfish would be second. I wouldn't really care as long as I get a opportunity to catch something! :D