Steelhead...where would you go?

T
the_intimidator03
So. I know this weekend is pretty much done for anywhere you look. I would like to get an idea where to look for next weekend 28th-29th for steelhead.

So where would you go?

R
RunWithSasquatch
Back out in the ocean on might be anyones best bet.

T
the_intimidator03
well lookin at forecast on river levels and such it looks like around the 27-29th rivers will be dropping down to normal winter levels it seems so. i figured we may have fish.. I dunno if we will have any on the upper rivers but lower in the river system i figure would be good bets

B
bran_man
I think the rest of this month is pretty much shot. Supposed to rain for like the next 10 days straight. Rivers are going to be bad for quite a while

S
salmon_slayer87
its hard to say man, with rising water fish usually swim up the river system faster. As the water levels drop...fish settle back in...but finding them again is always a fun task.
Good luck,
Dale

S
Santiam338
salmon_slayer87 said:
its hard to say man, with rising water fish usually swim up the river system faster. As the water levels drop...fish settle back in...but finding them again is always a fun task.
Good luck,
Dale

Talked to a guy that works at the Alsea hatchery...He says that the fish will pull in tight and get out of as much of the muddy silty water as they can and hole up...As it drops and clears a bit,then they take off..Which is why a dropping river fishes best..

Just what I heard for what its worth..

T
the_intimidator03
Well I want to go bonk some steelies with flies... so muddy water isn't best. I am hoping the forcast are right for next weekend with the rivers dropping down to near normal winter levels and hopefully good in color. I havent been fishing in a month and a half