Solo snowy summer steel

N
nwkiller
Well, woke up around 530am, Loaded the car and gathered my things....the rain was just sprinkeling at the time. Been busy all week so I wanted to find some fish. Half way there the rain turned into snow, and began falling heavier and heavier.....thought to myself...this is gonna be a great day. Got to the river just before legal light. Got my spot and began casting. Seen a few fish roll off the bat. The water had come up a few feet and new that they were no longer holding in the same spot as last week. So i put my feelers out and began casting to all the "good" water. After pulling in 3 trout and missing some nice bites, I knew there were a lot of fish in the hole. casted....slam, slam, slam...set the hook, but my weight was caught under a rock so all i gotr was zzzzzzzzing, snap......10 minutes later slam, slam, slam.....set the hook, fish on!....got her to the bank and tagged up.
100_0335.jpg
Alittle while later i toosed in some likely water....felt the weirdest tugs ever....kinda like when you have a leaf on your line that is flapping like a bite......set the hook, a chrome side came to the surface thrashing around then popped OFF.
few minutes later I had number two on....much better fish......took me a minute to land her lots of thrashing and running around.
100_0336.jpg
Round these parts, you can keep three........so back to fishing i went........
Fish on right away......she put up a good fight but i could see that this hook wasn't coming out.
100_0338.jpg
With the snow still falling I got her to the bank and called it a day.....(because i had too)

R
RunWithSasquatch
Hell of a day!

N
nwkiller
dude it was insane....every cast was a takedown pretty much....defenitly one of those days

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! its story like these that keep me attempting to drift fish. I went to work for 45 minutes and we were slow. shoulda called out and hit the river with you. Gotta love our 3 a day limit.

D
DYJ
nice goin!

I'll be hittin the river tomorrow morning. Hope it's still good.

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice fish! its story like these that keep me attempting to drift fish. I went to work for 45 minutes and we were slow. shoulda called out and hit the river with you. Gotta love our 3 a day limit.

hell ya you should have.....

N
nwkiller
DYJ said:
nice goin!

I'll be hittin the river tomorrow morning. Hope it's still good.

thanks, it will be, the weather is going to stay about the same

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
Sinkline said:
I'm seeing a full smoker in your future.:cool:

Randy

Randy you know me too well....smoking as we type

P
PNW Sam
Very nice!! Awesome fish bro.

T
TTFishon
Looks like another great day on the water! Nice job man!

S
skunk
Not fair!!! Work always gets in the way. Way to slay them

M
mahmichael
Nice fish and great story!
Which river you were fishing?

A
alm21
Killer! :cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
mahmichael said:
Nice fish and great story!
Which river you were fishing?

you will have to torture him for that answer i bet :lol:

Reactions: bigsteel
N
nwkiller
Thanks PNW

it was a great day TT, thanks

Skunk...finally work didn't get in the way!! thanks man

MM......thanks man, but no go on the flow, i keep it on the d-low

thanks Alm21!

good call Brandon

Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
excellent haul there nwk,summers still nice and bright good job

N
nwkiller
thanks Bigsteel....ya, there are defenitly some darker ones jumping around, but thankfully the chromer ones like to bite my gear......oh and if anyone cares I was bouncing roe....

J
jawjacker
Thanks for sharing. I love a good days fishing in the snow there seems to be something magical about it sometimes. It's kinda ironic catching summer runs in the snow way to go.

N
nwkiller
lol thats what i was saying this morning....summers in the snow....thanks man