Siuslaw this week...

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
I do believe they do come up north fork,but the better fishing is on the main part of the river and depending on if you are bank fishing or in a boat there are great spots all over the area :)

U
upperroguepirate
thanks, for yurr reply. I sure hope there are fish in the n. fork. It would save me a ton of Gas but the when looking at the riv on Google Earth, not many gravel bars like the main stem. looks more like a slough. Going to be great to see the river for the first time. I've had the chance to own 5 boats in my time but boatless now.

H
hawgslayer
Who's place are you moving into up the N. Fork? Or did you luck out and buy a place? I have many friends who live up there from the 5 mile marker through the 13. Fishing up there is hit and miss. I would for sure put most of your focus on the main river for a better quality fish.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
upperroguepirate said:
thanks, for yurr reply. I sure hope there are fish in the n. fork. It would save me a ton of Gas but the when looking at the riv on Google Earth, not many gravel bars like the main stem. looks more like a slough. Going to be great to see the river for the first time. I've had the chance to own 5 boats in my time but boatless now.

there is a smallish run of kings that go up the N. Fork, heard of a few caught last year in mid-Sept, I fished up and down from Bender Landing a few times in my kayak last year (late Sept, early Oct), saw some big ones on the sonar but no takers. did seem to be lots of searun cutties in there also. when the main river launches got really busy, there were a few boats using Bender Landing and running down to fish 29 to Cushman, so if you fish the N. Fork down from that launch, especially on weekends, you might have some boats in a hurry on a narrow burn of a river, I would stick with fishing up from Bender...cheers, roger

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Crabby week for us- no salmon takers again Friday, we hit the launch at first legal and made early passes through Cushman area but nada....also fished 29 and Bridge Hole. got another load of crab but we worked for them- in shallow and nearer short, it was all big females and small ones. once we got the pots out into the channel more, 20 feet of water, some really big solid males showed up.

sure hope to see some Siuslaw Kings getting posted on OFF soon...cheers, roger